Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM

63 posts, read 303,048 times

Advertisements

I know the M train recently changed up it's service and now it even goes to Forest Hills but I am confused does it still stop @ Canal? When I went to the MTA website to check .. The M train that leaves from Middle Village it says it does stop at Canal but the one that leaves from Forest Hills does not ... I'm trying to make absolutely sure before I end up getting lost.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 02:11 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,552,657 times
The M does not stop at Canal anymore.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:31 PM

979 posts, read 4,455,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 009 View Post
The M does not stop at Canal anymore.
I wonder where half of the city is going to urinate?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:22 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad81 View Post
I wonder where half of the city is going to urinate?
They'll take the F train and use the mezzanine level at 179 Street. (You are apparently one of the few remaining New Yorkers who didn't know about this!)

Old 08-11-2010, 09:49 PM

979 posts, read 4,455,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
They'll take the F train and use the mezzanine level at 179 Street. (You are apparently one of the few remaining New Yorkers who didn't know about this!)
I personally use the end of the platform at Broadway/Lafayette on the F. It's even good for number 2, judging by the skid marks!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 PM

243 posts, read 1,333,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveny123 View Post
I know the M train recently changed up it's service and now it even goes to Forest Hills but I am confused does it still stop @ Canal? When I went to the MTA website to check .. The M train that leaves from Middle Village it says it does stop at Canal but the one that leaves from Forest Hills does not ... I'm trying to make absolutely sure before I end up getting lost.

Thanks
Hi , I operate the M line 3 nights/mornings a week so I can help you out. The M operates as a shuttle from Metropolitan Ave to Myrtle-Broadway at night. At 05:28 (5:28am) the first train goes from Metropolitan Ave out to Continental Ave. I'm not sure exactly when but somewhere around that time M trains also start to leave Continental to go to Metropolitan Ave. The M goes over the Williamsburg Bridge into Essex street and then travels through the Chrystie Street cut to Broadway-Lafayette Streets where it then takes the route the V formerly took out to Continental. If you used to take the M to Canal street , simply transfer at Myrtle Ave - Broadway to the J and it will go over the Williamsburg Bridge and out to Broad street and you can transfer or get off at Canal street before then. The connections between the M and J trains at Myrtle Ave are usually pretty good and you shouldn't have to wait for long for the transfer. Hope this helps. Now that I answered this question I am off to work to go work the M line .

Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,276 times
You'd have to transfer to a downtown J at Myrtle Ave/Broadway if you were on the M from Middle Village

Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotormanMike View Post
Hi , I operate the M line 3 nights/mornings a week so I can help you out. The M operates as a shuttle from Metropolitan Ave to Myrtle-Broadway at night. At 05:28 (5:28am) the first train goes from Metropolitan Ave out to Continental Ave. I'm not sure exactly when but somewhere around that time M trains also start to leave Continental to go to Metropolitan Ave. The M goes over the Williamsburg Bridge into Essex street and then travels through the Chrystie Street cut to Broadway-Lafayette Streets where it then takes the route the V formerly took out to Continental. If you used to take the M to Canal street , simply transfer at Myrtle Ave - Broadway to the J and it will go over the Williamsburg Bridge and out to Broad street and you can transfer or get off at Canal street before then. The connections between the M and J trains at Myrtle Ave are usually pretty good and you shouldn't have to wait for long for the transfer. Hope this helps. Now that I answered this question I am off to work to go work the M line .
THANK YOU! That seems like a quick way so I will be doing that.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
Things could also depend on where, exactly, you wanted to be along Canal Street:

The N/Q/R lines stop at Canal and Broadway (that's where you used to transfer to the M train, so you don't actually need a Nassau Street train to get there!)

The A/C/E stop at Canal and Avenue of the Americas.

The #1 stops at Canal and Varick.

And if you wanted to get to the far eastern portion of Canal, you could actually take the F train--East Broadway station is located at the corner of Canal.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Things could also depend on where, exactly, you wanted to be along Canal Street:

The N/Q/R lines stop at Canal and Broadway (that's where you used to transfer to the M train, so you don't actually need a Nassau Street train to get there!)

The A/C/E stop at Canal and Avenue of the Americas.

The #1 stops at Canal and Varick.

And if you wanted to get to the far eastern portion of Canal, you could actually take the F train--East Broadway station is located at the corner of Canal.

Thanks! Well I'm trying to get off at Canal street/Centre Street and the J/Z are the only trains that would leave me there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City