Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 08:02 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,398,169 times

Advertisements

I do have to agree...that walking through Parkchester is like walking thru 10 different countries...it is incredibly diverse. A far cry from what it has ever been...I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 02:09 PM

556 posts, read 1,447,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I am not surprised as I went to Uno's once or twice, and the last time was last year. The last time I had to complain to the manager about the horrid food. We got into a brief argument about it (why would he argue with me anyway?) and then offered a free dessert. What part of bad food did he not understand? Needless to say I never went back, and am glad it closed..because it was really, really bad.
Agreed. Their food was horrible. Everytime we would order, my gf and I would tsay "why did we do this AGAIN?" lol

Old 12-03-2010, 06:25 PM

730 posts, read 2,056,485 times
Well, Uno's in Parkchester is gone. I agree with previous threads that it was due to lousy food. But it was also due to many food options nearby, diners, fast food, among other things. I also agree that Dallas BBQ would be a very suitable replacement for Uno's. I would be going there instead of Manhattan (since I live closer to the (6) than to the Dallas BBQ on West Fordham Road).

Old 12-06-2010, 09:42 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,685,592 times
I think this may be a company-wide thing. I believe Uno's is in bankruptcy! Stores have closed across the country.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:30 PM

27 posts, read 153,735 times
Oooooooh NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! No more rattle snack pasta and seafood dip. super sad-face.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,685,592 times
So, that's two big businesses that left Parkchester. The other one was Hollywood Video, which also went out of business. However, I did see someone working in the Hollywood video spot. That means that spot has a replacement soon.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,479 times
Yup, there's now a men's clothing store in the old Hollywood video. Wonder how they're doing? I see people looking in the windows, but not going in or out very often.

Uno's was horrible and always at least half empty or more when I went in. My husband and I made the mistake of eating there twice (the first time was when I moved in and hadn't unpacked my kitchen yet-- that's my excuse, but the second time...), and it was terrible both times. How can they crew up pizza and burgers? But we did go in to have beers at the bar and watch sports since we don't have cable. So, for that loss, I am sad. I would love a sports bar/casual food type place to open up. Decent burgers, wings, beers, lots of TVs... maybe even a pool table! Certainly there are others in the neighborhood who would dig that, right? I mean, Step In is OK, but you can't really enjoy the game there.

I really enjoy living here, but the lack of anything to do in the evening is rough. I know there are a lot of elderly and families here, but I do see a lot of young professional types, too. Surely we have some money to spend on a local evening out for drinks and a meal with friends?

Old 01-15-2011, 01:42 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,829,412 times
The Unos on 6 ave in The Village was open one day and closed the next day.
That was early 2010.
i was walking past there the day they closed and an employee was standing outside..waiting for the store to open.
Not kool

Old 01-31-2011, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,355 times
I am not sorry that Uno's in Parkchester closed. I used to work there and it was a very poor place to work. Service was really slow during the weekdays and it was barely packed on weekends. That's why my job was eliminated so quickly after they opened. I am happy to see them go. I had been counting the days they were going to close since they opened.

As a patron there, the service was bad. Of course, I knew why, so I would never eat in (only once or twice). I would always take out. It's sad how they treated their customers and their staff. They hired a lot of good people and let them all go quickly for a gaggle of rowdy, no talent bunch of people. I would love to see them put a worth while restaurant there. Someone mentioned BBQs in the above post. I think that would be more suitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City