Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 11:14 AM

314 posts, read 547,346 times

Advertisements

Citizen, woah the tests only show maternal ancestry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 12:14 PM

415 posts, read 514,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinmets73 View Post
Thems some impressive accolades!

Anyway, interesting article. I was surprised at Hispanic Americans carrying such a high percentage of European DNA. What's your explanation for the relatively low IQ of Hispanics?

Hypothetical here... Let's say we were to take a group of people from an undeveloped country and transplant them into a developed country where they would have full access to an extensive social service system. Do you believe that would have no discernable effect on their collective IQ, even over the course of generations?
A non scientific message board is quite possibly the worst possible forum to have a discussion regarding race and genetics which is such a touchy and emotional subject for most people. It also had the effect of bringing out the white and black power crazies and frankly, I don't have the time or energy to fend off the savage hoardes. So, to speak.

But, you seem scientifically curious and honest so I'll point you in the direction of free information which will answer many of your questions. I've spent hundreds of hours editing the Wikipedia page for "Brazil - Race" and so have hundreds of my colleagues. Brasil is a veritable Petri Dish for all things Afro-European. Get ready to devote some time because it's the longest and well-sourced wiki page on the intratoobs...you'll see.

BTW - your hypothetical has been hypothesized countless times: James Flynn has done some politically motivated feel good pseudo craft but, he's also done some reliable work in the field which addresses your question. Good Luck!

-Dr. R Barnett

Last edited by Citizenrich; 05-06-2015 at 12:59 PM..

Old 05-06-2015, 12:23 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinmets73 View Post
Thems some impressive accolades!

Anyway, interesting article. I was surprised at Hispanic Americans carrying such a high percentage of European DNA. What's your explanation for the relatively low IQ of Hispanics?

Hypothetical here... Let's say we were to take a group of people from an undeveloped country and transplant them into a developed country where they would have full access to an extensive social service system. Do you believe that would have no discernable effect on their collective IQ, even over the course of generations?
I should point out, that the IQ figures you may see from Latin America though, are generally super outdated, from a small sample size, and often completely made up. That's why nobody should take that book "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" seriously.

I also remember reading that the average US Mexican-American IQ has been increasing over the years, and it's actually not much lower than the average white American IQ now.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:42 AM

88 posts, read 84,719 times
this is the most obvious question, dominicans are the majority in all of north manhattan, most of the bronx even in queens... no other group comes close

Old 05-09-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patshep View Post
this is the most obvious question, dominicans are the majority in all of north manhattan, most of the bronx even in queens... no other group comes close
Puerto Ricans still outnumber Dominicans in the Bronx, although I don't think of either group as being "Afro-Latino" by default.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:22 PM

116 posts, read 220,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Puerto Ricans still outnumber Dominicans in the Bronx, although I don't think of either group as being "Afro-Latino" by default.

Borinken and Cuba, are both 70-80 percent Caucasian, so I wouldn't call them afro anything either. However;Espanola, is 70-80 percent negroid

Old 05-09-2015, 02:28 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBXTRUCHO View Post
Borinken and Cuba, are both 70-80 percent Caucasian, so I wouldn't call them afro anything either. However;Espanola, is 70-80 percent negroid
No way in hell Cuba is 70-80 % caucasian.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:33 PM

116 posts, read 220,987 times
Are you Cuban? I'm Cuban.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBXTRUCHO View Post
Espanola also includes Haiti, though.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
No way in hell Cuba is 70-80 % caucasian.
It's possible, I don't think he's saying 70-80% of Cubans are white, but that the Cuban gene pool is 70-80% white. Although I'm not sure if that's true either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City