Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:51 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times

Advertisements

There are those NYers who are repulsive, and this lady is one of them:

YouTube video captures man with a cane fighting with a woman sitting in handicapped seat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 12:56 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
This is a rant. Tell me weather this is typical New York behavior or the act of ill mannered repulsive people. This all happened in one trip from Westchester Square to the Simpson st. station.. I took the BX4 a very busy and crowded bus. The ride went well until we got to Parkchester. A woman sitting in the "lone" seats was getting off the next stop but she got out of her seat early so an older woman could take it. A man around his 30's already seating in the "sideways" seats saw the woman getting up, rushed to block the older woman from seating there and took the seat. I know these are prime seats but is this kind of behavior necessary?

The next incident happened at Elder Ave. The bus was pretty crowded with only a few seats in the "hood" section in the back. A man see a woman with a few bags standing, like a gentleman he gets up to give an empty window seat to the woman. What the woman does was sit in his seat and puts her bags on the empty window seat. Being a gentleman he just looked and nodded his head and stood for the rest of the ride. Why are some people so self absorbed and care so little for their fellow man?

I've taken the N6 of the LI bus and people at the very busy Jamaica stops always stand in an orderly line to get on the bus. At every NYC bus stop it's always a mad rush to get on the bus. Many times I've seen people not even allow riders to get off the bus and the driver has even yelled at passenger to wait for the handicapped person to board the bus first. I've heard people grumble when this they see a handicapped person get on the bus first.

What is wrong with some New Yorkers?

^^This is why I'd rather pay extra $$$ to take an express bus vs. the subway system. I HATE the attitude of many in the City.

They get so caught up with "me, me, me" and in the rush that they leave their manners at home (assuming they have any).

Old 02-03-2011, 05:03 PM

67 posts, read 343,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

YouTube video captures man with a cane fighting with a woman sitting in handicapped seat
JoeyBoots says everything i wish i would say, out loud.

gotta love it.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:27 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I didn't see this on the news but I remember when this was a big "thing" in the 80s and they started the campaign about not standing near the edge of the platform. Shortly thereafter, a "rap" song came out and part of the lyrics were "don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge". Not sure if it was intentionally related to the incidents but the song always reminded me of that.
I remember that song and it was about drug use or suicide.
"I'm trying not to lose my head. Sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from under."

Old 02-04-2011, 03:39 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

Yaay!!!! Even Sobro guy found a repulsive New Yorker. Even JoeyBoots was a bit repulsive in that video.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:14 PM

527 posts, read 1,020,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I didn't see this on the news but I remember when this was a big "thing" in the 80s and they started the campaign about not standing near the edge of the platform. Shortly thereafter, a "rap" song came out and part of the lyrics were "don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge". Not sure if it was intentionally related to the incidents but the song always reminded me of that.
The name of that song was called :The Message
"Its like a jungle sometimes. makes me wonder how I keep from going under"- Great song back in the day (nothing to do with the subway incidents though)

Old 02-17-2011, 01:53 AM

154 posts, read 449,581 times
My advice to Everyone is if you can afford to then just move out of nYc!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City