Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Borough Has The Most Ethnic Enclaves?
Bronx 6 4.88%
Manhattan 1 0.81%
Brooklyn 19 15.45%
Queens 95 77.24%
Staten Island 2 1.63%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 11:13 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I think Brooklyn is very very ethnic, maybe about the same as Queens. The difference is the variety of different cultures with a critical mass
Right, that's what I was just judging on and why I put the Bronx behind Manhattan. I think we're arguing the same thing for the criteria, but might have differing opinions on the magnitude of difference between the two boroughs.

I think people may be overlooking the sizable Eastern European, Caucasus, and Central Asian communities that Brooklyn seems to be home to a much larger degree with the larger Russophone sphere there. There's also a large Arabic-speaking sphere in Brooklyn. Queens has some of this, but to a lesser extent. Queens has the greater number of East, Southeast, and South Asian enclaves and Latin American one which isn't to say Brooklyn doesn't have these in large numbers especially seeing Sunset Park's Chinatown sprout so many of its own satellite chinatowns, but just not as much. They sort of trade horses on a lot different categories, but I'm pretty sure it works out with Queens having more enclaves of a certain size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City