Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 06:33 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times

Advertisements

mrtracey the truth is the truth according to how you see it. As soon as you keep all your clowns in Long Island who take all the police/firefighter/union jobs in the city and simply rape the city for all it worth and have nothing but disdain for it, then we will take our clowns from your wal-mart. I'm waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 AM

113 posts, read 318,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
mrtracey the truth is the truth according to how you see it. As soon as you keep all your clowns in Long Island who take all the police/firefighter/union jobs in the city and simply rape the city for all it worth and have nothing but disdain for it, then we will take our clowns from your wal-mart. I'm waiting.

The same can be equally said about the people from the city who have jobs on Long Island. Don't think it's just a one-sided street, because as many of the jobs that are leaving NYC they are going to New Jersey, Long Island and other places.

Also, I don't see folks from my neighborhood (I live on the Queens side of the Nassau/Queens border) going to Brooklyn to shop at their stores and stampeding the place for 97 cents. You would have to live in my neighborhood to understand the scenario. It's a shame that we, as a community, have to drive 25 minutes to go to another Wal-mart because of the type of people who frequent the one that is no more than 5 minutes from us. This has nothing to do with the firefighters/police or union jobs. This has to do with people coming to my community trying to save 3 cents and destroying it in the process because at the end of the day they get to go back where they came from.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:42 AM

The point is...stop saying "keep your people out" because it works both ways. You want NYC residents out of LI, then keep LI residents out of NYC. The end.

The real shame is having a police and fire fighting force, who are supposed to be protecting and serving, but who are too busy feasting on city coffers and have no interest in anything in NYC or its residents. So stop complaining because you have people trying to save 3 cents...I have people who have the power to arrest me and make my life miserable because they don't like colored folk.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
The point is...stop saying "keep your people out" because it works both ways. You want NYC residents out of LI, then keep LI residents out of NYC. The end.

The real shame is having a police and fire fighting force, who are supposed to be protecting and serving, but who are too busy feasting on city coffers and have no interest in anything in NYC or its residents. So stop complaining because you have people trying to save 3 cents...I have people who have the power to arrest me and make my life miserable because they don't like colored folk.
This is not a colored issue... maybe it is to you. Shame on you for labeling the police and fire fighting force for making your life miserable because they don't like colored folk. Do some of them hate colored folks? Yes. Do most of them? No. I am actually black myself and can see beyond race, especially on these issues. Again, as stated I live on the Queens border on the Queens side. This is about a lower class of people (or people just having low class ethics) infiltrating a middle class neighborhood trying to save 3 cents at Wal-mart and not giving a care what or how they do it. I see my local mall going to hell because of this. If this Wal-mart was in your neighborhood you would have the same attitude, but maybe you wouldn't -- difference strokes for different folks.

And isn't this thread about Wal-mart? Not police officers and firefighters feasting on city jobs! I have an idea, how about you and your buddies apply for NYPD (even though it appears you don't seem to like them too much). Everyone seems to not like them but no one wants to do their job. Better yet, go apply for a job at my local Wal-mart and see first-hand what I am talking about. Even the employees at this Wal-mart want no part with the customers. Could you blame them, look what happened Black Friday a few years ago.

Last edited by mrtracey; 04-05-2011 at 02:11 PM..

Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 PM

As soon as you keep your people from coming to NYC for jobs, or anything else, or making our lives more miserable because so many of you insist on driving to work, clogging up our roads, taking all the street parking, and using our services, we shall do the same.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:11 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
I was gonna chime in but I see this thread no longer has anything to do with Walmart.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM

It absolutely does....one gentleman is complaining about the effect of a wal-mart on his side of the border, and is assigning blame on NYC residents for invading a "nice" community. I simply reminded him it works both ways.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I was gonna chime in but I see this thread no longer has anything to do with Walmart.
You've got that right. This has turned out to be a colored issue and a police officer/firefighter/union worker not living in the city thread. And again, I live in NYC (in Queens). But I know who is making the Wal-mart in Valley Stream bad, it is not the Nassau people, because they hardly go there because of the people who pre-dominantly go there.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:25 PM

So the solution is bringing a wal-mart to the NYC side? Or do you prefer banning NYC residents from going into Nassau county?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
As soon as you keep your people from coming to NYC for jobs, or anything else, or making our lives more miserable because so many of you insist on driving to work, clogging up our roads, taking all the street parking, and using our services, we shall do the same.
What you don't also realize is that some of those people who commute into NYC for jobs pay their contribution as well. They dine, shop and spend their money in the city, generating revenue to the local community and tax dollars to NYC. In case you haven't noticed, not every job can be filled by a NYC resident. And again, I am a NYC resident myself. I am sorry, but your logic is flawed (maybe no in general), but at least in your responses to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City