Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 10:57 AM

67 posts, read 92,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
You're forgetting the fack that you "need" poor people everywhere. Who's gonna work those ****ty minimum wage jobs? If i had a dollar for every time i seen some yuppy working in walgreens or mcdonalds, i'd have...0 dollars

Do minimum wage jobs exist in rich white neighborhoods throughout America? Last time I checked they do. Mcdonalds, walmart, starbucks, etc. So being in rich neighborhood how do they manage to hire people willing to accept a minimum wage jobs? Hmmmm. Here's an idea, high school students, college students for starters. How about a person who is educated but because of the poor economy can't find a job so in order to pay the bills they'll flip burgers til things turn around. Did that ever cross your mind?

So do me a favor mondaynight...don't bring that "who's gonna work those minimum wage job" non-sense because despite how rich or poor your area is, there will ALWAYS be someone willing to work those jobs otherwise those jobs or companies wouldn't exist or would be forced to raise there salaries to attract workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times
Who is working those jobs? POOR people. Its rare to see middle class folks working those kind of jobs. I myself worked at a Deli in Riverdale while i lived in the "ghetto" during my high school years. If you get rid of the "poor" & "working poor" who is gonna work those kind of jobs?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:31 AM

67 posts, read 92,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Who is working those jobs? POOR people. Its rare to see middle class folks working those kind of jobs. I myself worked at a Deli in Riverdale while i lived in the "ghetto" during my high school years. If you get rid of the "poor" & "working poor" who is gonna work those kind of jobs?
I never said get rid of ALL poor people 100%. I said that poor people in the Bronx specifically need to be in lower percentages. Currently they're in the majority. There are more poor people in the Bronx than minimum paying jobs that exist to sustain that demographic.

You can have the Bronx poor population at 10% of the entire Bronx population and STILL have enough poor people to fill those minimum paying jobs and then some.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 AM

383 posts, read 1,316,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The Bronx is the most feared

Brooklyn is the most respected
Manhattan is the most envied
Queens is the most relaxed
and Staten Island is the most ignored
hahahahaha! i like this!

Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 AM

383 posts, read 1,316,135 times
The Bronx is just Grimy. theres no way around it. Its mad depressing out there. Most people who live in the BX are trying to get out.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:06 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
Unhappy what on earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
I seem to remember this kind of thinking in past. It made the headlines, you know!
what's that supposed to mean is this comment alluding to some past history on this forum?

Old 02-26-2011, 12:27 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,093,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
The Bronx is just Grimy. theres no way around it. Its mad depressing out there. Most people who live in the BX are trying to get out.
I never understood how people from BROOKLYN can say such things

Old 02-26-2011, 11:20 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
I hate to agree. Maybe it's the El lines or the many apt. buildings that seem to block out the sun. It's strange but it's always dark and depressing when I'm in the Bronx. It seems the sunlight and positive energy radiates better in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. I can't explain why, it just does.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:32 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
So what you trying to say there is no grime in brooklyn? Me im trying to get out of nyc in general. For the past 100 years dude average bronxites left within the first or 2nd generation. Why would you wanna spend all your life in bronx or nyc for that matter? Do you wanna spend your entire life living in east ny or brownsville? I know a few white people from other states who are dying to trade places with me, I might consider.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:52 PM

19 posts, read 35,569 times
Default The Bronx is.....

A dumping ground for homeless shelters and social services for homeless,drug addicts, etc.

Yes The Bronx has come a long way. Vacant lots now have buildings. Big businesses moving in. But the people are pretty much the same. POOR, and UNEDUCATED. Spread throughout.

I lived here all my life and ready to leave. I like the changes to some areas but the people living in these areas hasn't change at all.

The sad part about The Bronx and any neighborhood is when a someone brings something to the neighborhood. Nobody appreciates it and ends up being destroyed. Ungrateful and don't see the big picture. I've seen small business go up and end up closing shop because people are ungrateful.Just want to destroy other peoples property.

I wonder how some of the white folks moving into the South Bronx are doing now that they are buying up properties that are cheap but surrounded by projects no matter what direction they walk in. Good luck to you and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City