Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsonDowns View Post
I don't know how many lobbies you have been in. I do know that I LIVE here while you talk about the neighborhood from another borough and I can say for a fact that people do not sit around smoking pot in the stairs, hallways or lobbies of ALL buildings in Washington Heights.

Yeah, I'm sure that all those buildings filled with Orthodox folks on Bennett, Overlook, etc. just stink of pot. And the folks paying $1850 for a one-bedroom on Ft Washington love easy access to pot in the lobby.

Not.
Way to take things literal.

Please tell me what difference it makes that you live there? We are talking about building lobbies and obviously I don't have to live in Wash Heights to be in building lobbies. Every building I've been too had some pot smoking. If you would get out your house more you would see the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
the whole area from what everyone here has made me ask one question...Why would you want to live there.
Who the frkk wants to hear loud spanish music blasting all hours of the night and all the other crap that was stated. Sounds like a complete sheet hole to me.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:47 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,250,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Way to take things literal.

Please tell me what difference it makes that you live there? We are talking about building lobbies and obviously I don't have to live in Wash Heights to be in building lobbies. Every building I've been too had some pot smoking. If you would get out your house more you would see the same thing.
Because I'm tired of posters who don't live in the neighborhood making broad statements about the entire place. Washington Heights is one of the biggest neighborhoods in the city and while there are parts I would not choose to live in, there are also parts that are gorgeous, and clean with low crime rates where middle class people can still afford to live.

Did I comment on the block in question? No. Because I don't LIVE there and don't frequent that area of the neighborhood. But if someone is going to lie about ALL of Washington Heights. I will speak up.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
the whole area from what everyone here has made me ask one question...Why would you want to live there.
Who the frkk wants to hear loud spanish music blasting all hours of the night and all the other crap that was stated. Sounds like a complete sheet hole to me.
It depends on the area in washington heights. I lived in the heights since i was 13 and still currently live here. Some areas are safe and quiet other areas are hood. Just like in all other neighborhoods you have the good and the bad. I live on the east (audubon) and i would like to move to the west of heights or the UWS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: