Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 04:57 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times

Advertisements

I see that HPD now reports the current situation with Pratt Towers as WAITING LIST CLOSED. I guess people signed up fast. Same happened with Jefferson Towers on the UWS at 94th and Columbuus. List opened and closed, so I heard, last Fall.

AO24,
It's a 24 story apartment tower with 324 apartments, I'm guessing from Mitchell Lama status as being built just before the first recession of the '70's...around 1973. Most were built and went bankrupt and were taken over by the State in that slump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 AM

9 posts, read 33,637 times
I am just wondering because we were also called for the apartment and I'm wondering what they look like, size, etc... I was able to walk around the neighborhood the other day... a little bit sketchy by the subway but otherwise seemed quiet and nice.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 AM

383 posts, read 1,315,661 times
Be smart about living in this area of clinton. I myself have been robbed and beat up coming home from work around 10:30 and i was minding my own business and i'm from east flatbush so i know how to act in the hood. i stay at 283 Classon Ave, but like what was said before me if you use street smart and your use to living in hood areas then you should be fine. oh also don't worry about the crackheads there more funny then harmful.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:57 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
My friend lived on Classon also and I believe we were all advised to walk intead on WILLOUGHBY, other side of campus, late at night.

Are the apartments big?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:02 AM

1,409 posts, read 5,249,251 times
AO24, I've scoured the internet for floorplans, but haven't been able to find one. The building opened in the early 60's, so I'm assuming low ceilings and a cookie-cutter feel. I don't expect the apartments to be as big as pre-war units, but I hope they are bigger than new construction.

I guess we'll just have to wait for a call-back from the management company. In the meantime, here's a very sweet story and video from the community:
A Wedding Anniversary Celebration Afterall - Bed-Stuy, NY Patch

Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 AM

961 posts, read 2,463,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
Be smart about living in this area of clinton. I myself have been robbed and beat up coming home from work around 10:30 and i was minding my own business and i'm from east flatbush so i know how to act in the hood. i stay at 283 Classon Ave, but like what was said before me if you use street smart and your use to living in hood areas then you should be fine. oh also don't worry about the crackheads there more funny then harmful.
They're gonna be on the other side of Classon, like after the Pioneer by Grand and Lafayette. That side is like a different world from our side.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
They're gonna be on the other side of Classon, like after the Pioneer by Grand and Lafayette. That side is like a different world from our side.
hahaha! this is true but i've seen some wonder over to our side also. I'll never forget one morning i was heading towards the train to go to kingsbrouogh commuity(thats where i got to school now) and while i was walking about a block up, in the grass i saw a bag with coke still in it and a few feet infront of me 4 different needles. I'm not gunna lie if this was me back in high school a few years ago i would have picked up the coke and sold that.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:24 PM

961 posts, read 2,463,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
hahaha! this is true but i've seen some wonder over to our side also. I'll never forget one morning i was heading towards the train to go to kingsbrouogh commuity(thats where i got to school now) and while i was walking about a block up, in the grass i saw a bag with coke still in it and a few feet infront of me 4 different needles. I'm not gunna lie if this was me back in high school a few years ago i would have picked up the coke and sold that.

Believe it or not man, alot of times the transplants that live around here do some hard drugs. There's a girl that lives next to me (by Rustik Lounge) and her folks pay her rent, she's always going around asking for coke, even going up into the projects. Just the other day I had a hipster walk up to me and my friend asking for some stuff. I knew he wasn't a cop cause the Jakes are more clever than that.

LOL, but yeah man, if you notice around our way there's alot of transplants mingled in with blue collar folks and thugs. At 3 am you'll see the out of towners just wandering around casualy and unafraid. Baffles me....

Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 AM

9 posts, read 33,637 times
I've also searched the internet and I haven't been able to find any type of pictures or any information!! So frustrating! I guess I'm just mostly concerned about the area I'm a small girl so I would rather know what I'm dealing with.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
Believe it or not man, alot of times the transplants that live around here do some hard drugs. There's a girl that lives next to me (by Rustik Lounge) and her folks pay her rent, she's always going around asking for coke, even going up into the projects. Just the other day I had a hipster walk up to me and my friend asking for some stuff. I knew he wasn't a cop cause the Jakes are more clever than that.

LOL, but yeah man, if you notice around our way there's alot of transplants mingled in with blue collar folks and thugs. At 3 am you'll see the out of towners just wandering around casualy and unafraid. Baffles me....
I my book the transplants would be consider crack heads if there goin around asking for crack/coke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City