Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,546,674 times

Advertisements

rlrl this a similar post you made back in 2009:

"I just got back from my usual bike trek thru bedford park, Fordham bedford and Kingsbridge Hts and then kingsbridge.

My routine is to get on Creston Ave from Minerva place up by 198th, head straight down Creston to Kingsbridge Rd. During that dash down Creston, I waste no time because there are too many young people hanging out and not enough people who appear family/business like to make me want to slow up and enjoy the ride

After i come down the steep hill on Kingsbridge rd I usual cut over to Heath Ave or Kingsbridge terrace which are areas that look just like Creston Ave(young people hanging, tenements, some decent looking bldgs) but over there I take my time and i don't feel pressured to keep moving like i do on creston.

Could this be because Kingsbridge is closer to my place in Riverdale than Fordham bedford and I am just more used to the area because it feels more familiar, or is it because heath, Kingsbridge terrace is a better safer area than Creston? From the looks of the areas physically, both seem to look about the same"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 04:04 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times
Default I remember that

nobody posted to that one in '99 so i thought i'd post again. since i drove thru Kingsbridge Terrace last week it reminded me to ask again

i've always been curious about Creston/Morris north of K'Bridge Rd because it's kind of a small area on the borderline. one always hears in the media about the 180's and how bad they are but not about the 190's. and i've seen a few elevator bldgs on Creston N of Kingsbridge (even a co-op bldg at 197th) so i wonder what it is like around there

Old 06-14-2011, 04:06 PM

Default excuse me i meant

2009!!

Old 06-14-2011, 04:11 PM

Default so you live near

that curvy intersection near Sedgwick, Ft Independence, Kingsbridge Terr and Bailey Pl. I often bike along Sedgwick (and often up on the sldewalk because the avenue is so narrow with too many passing cars). getting up those hills can be grating at times.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,546,674 times
Just asking. If you see the the laundromat on the corner of Jerome and 196, it is known drug spot. Like some mentioned in a different post, the problem is that crimnals may get arrested but their families never leave. The area has a lot of issues. If the Armory was developed with something other a mall, then some good may come but till then I don;t think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City