Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:30 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,279,643 times

Advertisements

I think he means "Reverse Discrimination".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,812,581 times
You know it's funny how people like Abklyndude and some others cry and whine about stories like this which we never hear about since they are so rare... meanwhile, if you read the comments on the dailynews website, or nypost, or times or any other article that speaks about a crime involving a black or hispanic, the outright racist discussions that emanate from those threads are disgusting...

Do I disagree with you that for the most part in today's generation in NYC Black people probably have the most prejudice against a group of people... NO... That being said, are white folk in any more danger than Black or hispanic folk because of this... NO again... White people are traditionally the only ones that have consistently acted out upon their hatred towards a group of people and if you think these sentiments are dead, boy you have never stepped foot in the south... I was just down in North Carolina for a friends wedding who happens to be Black and he was getting married in a very nice part of town, majority white...

And when we tried to get into the Texas Long Horn steakhouse around there one of the people that lived in the area that came with us spoke about a recent incident where they spit on his food and put hair on his plate because he was black and had a white girlfriend... (the area was mainly european)... We were there for about five minutes... as we're coming out and looking for car we rented we see that it had been keyed already by the locals who wanted to show us a proper "welcome"...

Please spare me and others on here the BS... about reverse racism and that if it was four white guys and a black guy the news would be up in arms... blah blah blah... if they do give it extra coverage it'll only be because these things had gone ignored for so many years and only in the last 10-15 years or so have race relations shown significant improvement and if you ask me were better a few years ago than they were now... It seems as if nowadays, people like Abklyndude are becoming more and more visible thanks to the internet and the fact that anonymity within the internet allows you to speak more freely has created this gap and the opinions that were held in 5-10 years ago and were deteriorating with the lowering of the crime rate are now publicly visible for everyone to see... and it goes both ways...

This is why people like Abklyndude post articles like this... It's to continue what has been started over a few years now to discuss the problems that black and hispanic youth cause and label them as the majority rather than the minority... Though many low-income minority areas in the city still suffer with their fair share of crime there are many other in and out of the city where working to middle-to upper middle class black and hispanic folks have nothing to do with crime and have moved out of former bad neighborhoods and have established solid middle class minority areas throughout the city and the country... Fact is, people of all races commit crimes and in this country it isn't black folks but white who are typically the perpetrators when it comes to this sort of crime... does it make what happened here right? obviously not, but let's not make this a bigger issue than what it is...

Last edited by anon1; 07-18-2011 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,017,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABklynDude View Post
I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack

Sadly I and many others I know have witnessed incidents like this in the city. Wonder where Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and all the other activist are for these incidents... Society is so quick to jump on the racism bandwagon when a black person is assaulted by a group of whites, but so slow to act when it is the other way around. Everyone should be outraged that this even happened, but the NYPD is dragging their feet on labeling this as a hate crime. Reverse racism is like dust... we all know its there, but it all gets swept under the rug.

Please,

All we have is his half of the story. Of course he's not going to make himself out to be the bad guy. For all we know they may have taunted him first, then he may have threatened them (using slurs) which commenced to them lighting his a** up.

I've seen something similar to this before on the train. One time one of those "preachy" type of guys was on the 4 train spouting alot of stuff about the bible (the gentleman happened to black), there was a white guy and what appeared to be his 15-18 year old daughter. The guy said something to the daughter about being a sinner, and the father went off (as he should of) and he (very loudly and angrily) dropped the N bomb several times. Well needless to say, another black guy sitting in a seat 2 rows down said "Say it again, and I'll knock the taste out of your mouth", the White guy then turned his head saw the guy and sat down and didn't say anything else to the guy preaching. From what I could see about 10 other black people looked at him as if they were going to do or say something as well.

From my experience, it could have been a similar situation. If not, then if the men are caught, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

But like I said, we don't really know what went on there. Who knows who started what and when or who instigated the matter. The details are sketchy at best. Some 50 year old just brazzenly jumps in to get a few kicks because he's white? Again...please.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:12 AM

810 posts, read 838,046 times
Last year it was black youths attacking Mexican workers in Staten Island, and a year before that was blacks victimizing Asians in Queens. Someone needs to tell the thugs that equality doesn't mean beating up defenseless people because they don't have the same black skin as you.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:13 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,812,581 times
You do realize there are other texas longhorn restaurants within North Carolina... especially in that area... when he realized which place this was (this incident had happened about a year ago) and the same waitress who took his food was there, that was when we decided to step out and he told us the story only to see what he said confirmed by what happened to our car... and you are really naive if you believe that this type of story doesn't happen anymore... especially down south... If you are not hispanic or black and going to eat in a white area then you cannot speak for what you do not know, it's as simple as that... And i take extreme offense to the implication that I would make up a ridiculous story to prove my point when I have been against that same mentality which is continuously on here to support both sides of any point...

Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 AM

588 posts, read 948,065 times
Actually, recently the opposite is true.........these are worse than the city incident.

Teenage gang charged under lynching law after 'savage attack on 18-year-old student' | Mail Online

Peorians living in fear » The Peoria Chronicle

Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,923,322 times
It's not racism; it's hatred. You have to remember that it is easier to hate than to love.

Hatred = "Hatred (or hate) is a deep and emotional extreme dislike, directed against a certain object or class of objects. The objects of such hatred can vary widely, from inanimate objects to animals, oneself or other people, entire groups of people, people in general, existence, or the whole world. Though not necessarily, hatred is often associated with feelings of anger and disposition towards hostility against the objects of hatred. Hatred can become very driven. Actions after a lingering thought are not uncommon upon people or oneself. Hatred can result in extreme behaviour: violence, murder, war."

Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM

448 posts, read 685,662 times
Yea, this thread is going to quickly turn into a racist, stereotyping, made up "look what a black man did to me" stories extravaganza.

And im gonna sit back and enjoy/laugh at the ignorance that's about to take place!

Continue........

Old 07-18-2011, 12:21 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,269,662 times
Rather than this becoming an "us" versus "them" thread we should just try to seek justice for the victims of any type of assault regardless of motivation.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:23 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,923,457 times
All racial groups are equally racist as far as I'm concerned, no more, no less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City