Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 10:55 PM

224 posts, read 1,085,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Be angry all you want, just know that if you mouth off to hoods at 5 am in the Bronx, there's a chance you can get your a** beat. Period. "Right" and "Wrong" doesn't mean a thing when you don't have the power to do anything about it. Again, exercise street smarts and steer clear of danger. We'd all prefer to get home safe.

I personally am not "happy" I just think it's hilarious that whites (like yourself) and a few others get off on holding a klansman get together with burning torches and nooses to condemn every living black person on this Earth. Meanwhile you expect apologies, sympathy and ownership from those of who had NOTHING to do with it, other than the fact that we are black. Sorry bub, you aren't getting it here. I make no apologies and I'll sling the mud right back at you. Some black people will cupcake around with you about it, I simply won't. You're not getting ANY respect simply for the fact that you are white. Might have worked with other blacks way back when, but I simply refuse fall in line with that. You don't like it? Oh well. Some men such as myself will look you right in the eye and tell you how it is.
Look I am not a racist, nor have I ever been. I am just not scared and I will defend myself, if I get called "white boy", as I said earlier, I will make a slur back.

As for on the train, I don't pay attention to ANYTHING, I listen to my mp3 player(Most of the time I am nodding out), I am really not looking around/anyone and I definitely don't talk to people I don't know, the train is just a means of transportation for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 11:11 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolchris4000b View Post
Look I am not a racist, nor have I ever been. I am just not scared and I will defend myself, if I get called "white boy", as I said earlier, I will make a slur back.

As for on the train, I don't pay attention to ANYTHING, I listen to my mp3 player(Most of the time I am nodding out), I am really not looking around/anyone and I definitely don't talk to people I don't know, the train is just a means of transportation for me.
I don't think we're on the same page here. I don't see anyone (black or otherwise) high fiving the alleged behavior of the people that attacked this guy. If YOU do, then please, by any means--point them out.

What some of us do understand and won't tolerate, is this becoming an indictment of every black person in the city. I don't owe anyone any explanation or ownership of what happened here, and I am NOT about to listen to an Irishman talk about "undesirables" or a white woman propped up on a soap box recollecting on the behavior of "blacks" in her experiences as a way of enflaming their own issues with the support of other whites.

Like I said before, when these sort of situations do arise, then all of a sudden it becomes an old school search and destroy mission of every living black man, woman and child. Instead of dealing with what was reported, the discussion becomes twisted into "black statistics" what "blacks need to do" etc etc. Back in the day, that sort of thing caused black communities to be tourched and innocent men, women and children to be killed and hanged with no remorse.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:11 PM

542 posts, read 1,479,215 times
Quote:

If you are willing to make a slur back, then that IS racism. Sorry if you can't admit that to yourself , but it is true. The actual stronger and bigger person is one that can ignore it. Weakness is reacting to it in hatred and letting those that do that to you get the best of you and bring the ugliness out. That is weakness, not strength.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhmet1974 View Post
If you are willing to make a slur back, then that IS racism. Sorry if you can't admit that to yourself , but it is true. The actual stronger and bigger person is one that can ignore it. Weakness is reacting to it in hatred and letting those that do that to you get the best of you and bring the ugliness out. That is weakness, not strength.
Thats a good excuse for somebody who is really scared. LOL

Old 07-18-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I don't think we're on the same page here. I don't see anyone (black or otherwise) high fiving the alleged behavior of the people that attacked this guy. If YOU do, then please, by any means--point them out.

What some of us do understand and won't tolerate, is this becoming an indictment of every black person in the city. I don't owe anyone any explanation or ownership of what happened here, and I am NOT about to listen to an Irishman talk about "undesirables" or a white woman propped up on a soap box recollecting on the behavior of "blacks" in her experiences as a way of enflaming their own issues with the support of other whites.

Like I said before, when these sort of situations do arise, then all of a sudden it becomes an old school search and destroy mission of every living black man, woman and child. Instead of dealing with what was reported, the discussion becomes twisted into "black statistics" what "blacks need to do" etc etc.
I can agree with you on that. Seems the transplants on here have no idea about real life situations and see the world thru "rose colored glasses".

Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:

Like I said before, when these sort of situations do arise, then all of a sudden it becomes an old school search and destroy mission of every living black man, woman and child. Instead of dealing with what was reported, the discussion becomes twisted into "black statistics" what "blacks need to do" etc etc.
If you are referring to me, you misunderstood my post. I was not on a soapbox in support of "other whites." My intention was to point out only that this does in fact occur. My soap box, if I am to call it that, is that you can't generalize, to be aware, and to react and respond from a place of humanity that we are in fact as members of the HUMAN race, all in this together. Maybe you were not referring to me, but if you were, please read all of my posts, and in their entireity.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:19 PM

I am proud to be Irish, by the way. Is that a problem?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 PM

SkiDude wouldnt say this in The Bronx to the Irish in Woodlawn or the Italians in Morris Park, now would he?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Thats a good excuse for somebody who is really scared. LOL

No honey it is the other way around. But keep telling yourself that.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:22 PM

Fear= hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City