Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:17 AM

106,790 posts, read 109,020,929 times

Advertisements

the pay stubs i could see for proof of employment since they ask for your employment info right on the application but bank records or financial statements are only needed if your self employed . usually they want a 1040 too if self employed. thats how your employment is documented.

there had to be a reason for the affidavitt not to bring it to work,thats not a routine thing. there is more to that story im sure. there is an affadavit of familiarity you have to sign which just means you read and understand nyc firearms laws.

if lawyers argue about the laws what chance do we have understanding them lol.

here is the form for proof of employment. typically its the notarized letter or 2 pay stubs.

http://www.throwinglead.com/images/a..._affidavit.pdf

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-23-2012 at 02:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 AM

106,790 posts, read 109,020,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb350 View Post
Yes, I have the almost 500 dollar green card. I know exactly how the permit system works.

NYC DOES deny full carry permit holders because if you have a NYS CCW permit it is not valid in NYC, so a city law is trumping a state law.

A law abiding citizen shouldnt have to beg and "prove" a "need' for full carry validation when we have a right to self defense

NYCs restrictive practices have not been challenged for the obvious reasons of major cost and stress of trying to do so which most average citizens cannot do
basically the laws work like our parents . you would ask your dad for something and he would say its okay with me but go ask your mom.

mom would deny you and she trumps all.

evidently the highest court in our land sees nothing wrong legally with states molding things and restricting things as they see fit. these restrictions and nyc gun laws have been challenged many many times.

there are other things written in state law about our permits that are written in stone

one of which is they must respond to your request for a permit and show why not within 6 months.

they actually lost my wifes fingerprints 2x and didnt realize it the 2nd time until it was to late. they bumped the 6 month deadline and had to issue her permit without running her prints.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:44 PM

81 posts, read 126,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the pay stubs i could see for proof of employment since they ask for your employment info right on the application but bank records or financial statements are only needed if your self employed . usually they want a 1040 too if self employed. thats how your employment is documented.

there had to be a reason for the affidavitt not to bring it to work,thats not a routine thing. there is more to that story im sure. there is an affadavit of familiarity you have to sign which just means you read and understand nyc firearms laws.

if lawyers argue about the laws what chance do we have understanding them lol.

here is the form for proof of employment. typically its the notarized letter or 2 pay stubs.

http://www.throwinglead.com/images/a..._affidavit.pdf

Ok, so that explains why he had to submit bank statements.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 PM

81 posts, read 126,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
basically the laws work like our parents . you would ask your dad for something and he would say its okay with me but go ask your mom.

mom would deny you and she trumps all.

evidently the highest court in our land sees nothing wrong legally with states molding things and restricting things as they see fit. these restrictions and nyc gun laws have been challenged many many times.

there are other things written in state law about our permits that are written in stone

one of which is they must respond to your request for a permit and show why not within 6 months.

they actually lost my wifes fingerprints 2x and didnt realize it the 2nd time until it was to late. they bumped the 6 month deadline and had to issue her permit without running her prints.

Personally, (even though on principle I don't support it) I would put up with the hoops NYC puts you through and heck you could even throw on a training requirement (because you are in a concentrated populated area where discharging the firearm poses greater risk) as long as I, a law abiding citizen, could legally carry concealed without being forced to show cause (carrying large sums of money for business, politically connected, celebrity, etc)

It should also be recognized statewide. As of now the only way to transport the firearm outside the boroughs is with that silly HAC.

I don't see what's wrong with that. There are civilians who are more highly qualified shooters at the NYC ranges than the LEO's who get to conceal carry when their retired or off-duty, yet they cannot conceal carry.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,820,413 times
Default My "computer room"

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1327381162

My range: Boulder Pistol and Rifle Club
Boulder City Nevada {5 min from Hoover Dam--10 min from my house}
50 bux a year--OPEN 24 HOURS!

now stew
Attached Thumbnails
NYC Gun Laws Discussion Thread-image.png  

Old 01-24-2012, 01:42 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,062,805 times
NYC Police Throw Navy SEAL Into Psych Ward For Claiming… He’s a SEAL | TheBlaze.com

Stupid nypd, stupid, stupid, stupid. They arrested and placed a currently serving navy seal on detail in psycho ward also another good man who is also in the military is facing 3 years in prison for bringing a gun into nyc, he dis not know the laws of the state plus draconian anti nyc gun laws. The feds need to step in on nyc.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:10 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,257,593 times
During the arrest, police claim Day was babbling incoherently and repeatedly claimed that he was an elite Navy SEAL with “top- secret clearance,” but was unable to provide any documentation for police.

Usually I'm not an advocate for the NYPD but if this is true I can understand the disbelief by the police since we have so much lunatics in this city. Without any proper documentations it's hard to believe otherwise.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,820,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
he did not know the laws of the state plus draconian anti nyc gun laws.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Navy SEAL or not.
Another irresponsible gun owner.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:29 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,062,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Navy SEAL or not.
Another irresponsible gun owner.
Its more irresponsible for him to come to nyc.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:45 AM

125 posts, read 239,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Its more irresponsible for him to come to nyc.
It's even more irresponsible for anyone to stay in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City