Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 04:35 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,328,489 times

Advertisements

It should really go to Hudson County. Post 131 quoted a post (too lazy to find&quote myself) stating that Hudson County was different from NYC, which i'm not debating but remember that all of the boroughs are different from each other anyways. The Bronx has a much different mindset/lifestyle than Staten Island. Queens and Manhattan are much much different too, so Hudson County's "differences" wouldn't be overly significant. As "Shadow Massa" said, it does match the urban landscape of NYC pretty well also.

Plus, since Manhattan is the "city center", it would make sense if some of the areas MOST DEPENDANT on it were zoned for the same city, it feels by far the most natural to add Hudson County as opposed to more far out suburban areas.

Westchester and Nassau are waaaay to suburban and there's really no point in adding another borough similar in nature to Staten Island. There are some urban pockets of Westchester and even less in Nassau but those are just a few pockets.

Last edited by LongIslandPerson; 06-23-2012 at 04:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 04:48 AM

402 posts, read 752,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
maybe because i've lived as many yrs in nyc as i have in jersey, its the closest thing to a borough. especially if you add bergen county like ft lee & cliffside park, palisades park. how is it different from queens?

the ny/nj beef is pure foolishness

westchester aint ****
not a beef from our side of the river. ny'ers just can't handle it when they meet people from jersey who don't bow down to them.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:25 PM

449 posts, read 877,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
New Jersey is NYC's 6th borough.
Don't let anyone in NJ hear you, they will eat you alive.......... It is funny though....

Old 12-03-2015, 01:10 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,694,650 times
Or they can just annex the following: Bronxville, Floral Park, Mt Vernon, Pelham Manor, South Valley Stream, Tuckahoe, Village of Pelham, Yonkers

Old 12-03-2015, 04:44 PM

432 posts, read 551,546 times
I thought Boca Raton was the 6th borough. Only half joking.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:38 AM

188 posts, read 161,512 times
I would certainly add Nassau county. Especially with the various economic, Transportation, and Law Enforcement issues that plaque the county these days!

Old 12-27-2016, 01:15 PM

2,750 posts, read 2,417,120 times
Hudson county Or Yonkers

Old 12-27-2016, 01:38 PM

14,047 posts, read 13,923,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXGEAR View Post
Which place would you vote to be annexed as New York City's 6th borough?

City of Yonkers, NY
Nassau County, NY
Hudson County, NJ

Which place would you vote to be annexed as New York City's 2nd City?

Newark, NJ
White Plains, NY
Yonkers, NY
Jersey City/ Hoboken, NJ
Stamford, CT
Garden City, NY
Bridgeport, CT
New Rochelle, NY
Bridgeport is more similar to New Haven and Hartford than NYC, Stamford feel NYish like White Plains, New Rochelle

Old 12-27-2016, 02:42 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Imo, Jersey City is already a NYC borough in terms of work and life style. Just about every wall street firm has an office or building in JC. Thousands travel between JC and NYC via PATH train which is like another extension of the subway. If you live in JC, you have easier access to downtown NYC than most people in Brooklyn or Queens. I always joke with people at work that NJ folks usually beat Brooklyn/Queens folks getting into downtown NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City