Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 01:24 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well then keep doing nothing...that is the easy thing to do afterall.
Oh, I think things will be done, but I am not yet sure what exactly. For one thing, I am looking just west at a large ivy-league institution and I am smart enough to know that they will not tolerate their students, faculty, whoever, living with the nonsense that comes to pass daily here. Including but not limited to litter and garbage on the streets. The problem people seem blissfully unaware of this.

If you mean me personally, I never give up - never would. Not my nature, and it does create some positive energy to do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Oh, I think things will be done, but I am not yet sure what exactly. For one thing, I am looking just west at a large ivy-league institution and I am smart enough to know that they will not tolerate their students, faculty, whoever, living with the nonsense that comes to pass daily here. Including but not limited to litter and garbage on the streets. The problem people seem blissfully unaware of this.

If you mean me personally, I never give up - never would. Not my nature, and it does create some positive energy to do something.
Litter and garbage is all over this city regardless of the area. New Yorkers in general are dirty people that treat their own city as a trash can.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times
Quote:
And they have all been shipped to your neighborhood cause no one wanted to fix any problems.
And I except that. And now that all the undesirables were displaced to the Bronx, its now time to shipped them elsewhere. Its all a game of hot potato. The Bronx has held the hot potato for the past 60 years while the surrounding boroughs improved. Not its time for the hot potato to be given to someone else.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
And I except that. And now that all the undesirables were displaced to the Bronx, its now time to shipped them elsewhere. Its all a game of hot potato. The Bronx has held the hot potato for the past 60 years while the surrounding boroughs improved. Not its time for the hot potato to be given to someone else.
And you wonder why I say you hate the poor because this is how you want to treat the poor....I know, I know, you say ghetto people, I know. But the truth is all poor people are effected by this, not just the ghetto people you worry about.

Again, maybe you should of bought in a better neighborhood...then you wouldn't have to whine about the poor people and wish for them to be shipped elsewhere.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:41 PM

18 posts, read 31,340 times
Unavoidable, you say? More like inevitable... Hehe.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
^ yeah only when nyc becomes a city
with opportunities for the rich only.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,967 times
Quote:
Litter and garbage is all over this city regardless of the area. New Yorkers in general are dirty people that treat their own city as a trash can.
Yawn.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Yawn.
So the streets don't have litter everywhere or do you choose to just ignore the mess?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:01 PM

36 posts, read 66,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxis28 View Post
The city really just needs to build new middle-income housing throughout the other boroughs. Problem why developers can't do it is because construction costs are so overpriced that only luxury apartments make sense. There should be a union of city workers who just continuously construct housing on underutilized stretches (railyards, parking lots, vacant lots) of land that are convenient to mass transportation.

And by affordable, I mean housing that should be affordable for families making between 35-90k. I'm irked I can't live in those new 42nd Street towers because I don't make less than 24k or more than 124k. What about the rest of us....
Middle income in New York City is low income to poverty level. The bad ole days of NYC of old are long long, and it needs to stay that way. Gentrification is a good thing. If ya don't like it, then move.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:36 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Litter and garbage proliferate in places like Harlem. This is not the case to such an extent in other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City