Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: average time in outreach program
3-6 months 16 40.00%
6-12 months 3 7.50%
12-24 months 6 15.00%
forever 15 37.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 02:53 PM

16 posts, read 41,513 times

Advertisements

Trini thanks for the words of encouragement because I surely did throw my hands up in the air. I keep that faith that I will go home and check my mail and I have something from them saying come in. But any whose, how are things going for you? Is the neighborhood safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 PM

14 posts, read 36,316 times
Thumbs down "Are You Kidding Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinigirl568 View Post
I want to start this thread for people who have this "Outreach Program" please pass on your experiences if you got through or your still waiting anything. Supposedly this is something new through nycha and any information would be helpful to everybody that has it and reads these forum.
Run fast do not go to NYCHA stay in school get educated and don't see this as an healthy option. You will lose you family and probably your life, if you think this option is best. Fight hard and do better!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 AM

226 posts, read 1,098,062 times
How will you lose your family and/or your life? Sounds crazy when you have college educated people living in the pjs. I knew a cop,a lawyer,nurses,hell I lived across the hall from my brother's 7th grade homeroom teacher. It is always the ones who know absolutely nothing about the projects who has the most to say regarding what it like living there lmao. Scare tactics can't work on someone who already knows what time it is. Lmmfao.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM

175 posts, read 459,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laloca3 View Post
Trini thanks for the words of encouragement because I surely did throw my hands up in the air. I keep that faith that I will go home and check my mail and I have something from them saying come in. But any whose, how are things going for you? Is the neighborhood safe?

Hey girl the apt is good spacious so i imagine the 2 bed to be bigger. yes its safe next to the precint and the fire dept is about 3 blocks up.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:56 PM

175 posts, read 459,416 times
Hope all my nycha friends are ok due to hurricane sandy..........

Old 11-01-2012, 04:57 PM

29 posts, read 64,270 times
Glad to see everyone is doing well with the Outreach Program. I was just certified for Astoria Houses in Queens. Now I'm just waiting for the development to call me. The process has been pretty quick.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM

Szccdw,are you waiting for a one bedroom or more and how long did it take you to be certified. And please don't forget to update the thread with your progress in regards to how long it took from certification to getting the last step interview for the apartment.

@ trini,thank you so much for your well wishes. I am ok however the Redhook development are the projects I'm certified for and they were hit pretty badly. So I'm kinda nervous,however I do have evacuation plans should anything like sandy happen again or something else of that nature like crazy snowstorms. So ill still move into the development when I get called but i know its not a good choice demographically speaking.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 PM

29 posts, read 64,270 times
Applied at the end of July. Interviewed the middle of Sept. Certification only took 3 weeks. Now I'm just waiting on the development to call me for a 2 bedroom.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 PM

Wow that's excellent. I hope u get an apt fast. Please again don't forget to update when u get the apt.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 PM

8 posts, read 19,881 times
Hey everyone,

I am now certified and was put on the waiting list for the housing I was selected for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City