Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 01:40 AM

260 posts, read 434,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
El Greco is closed, for good. Being replaced by condos.
Sad to see a neighborhood icon go, although it was never that good anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 08:09 AM

802 posts, read 1,367,395 times
i live on emmons for 12 years i have never seen any russian mobsters or hookers
have seen fires but nothing surprising or different about it

Old 12-28-2014, 10:55 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I lived at 3030 Emmons for a while. Russian mobsters, hookers, fires, couple a homicides...fun times...
okay? There is a pretty much stark difference from being east of Nostrand Ave near Knapp St then being near Sheepshead Bay Rd. So what does one have to look for to know if a Russian is a mobster or not?

Old 12-28-2014, 03:14 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
okay? There is a pretty much stark difference from being east of Nostrand Ave near Knapp St then being near Sheepshead Bay Rd. So what does one have to look for to know if a Russian is a mobster or not?

They are kinda hard to scope out, however you will feel them picking your pocket when you go to the doctor or gas up.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:05 PM

ive been all around sheepshead and trust me i havent seen any russian mobsters
if i had chance to see them i would probably speak to them about making money together

stop being paranoid..

Old 12-29-2014, 03:07 AM

929 posts, read 1,659,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blainnyc View Post
Sad to see a neighborhood icon go, although it was never that good anyway.
I was there a few months ago. Being a native of the neighborhood, I'm glad I was able to eat there one last time. But other than that, yeah, it was mediocre compared to some other diners in Southern Brooklyn.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:22 PM

260 posts, read 434,136 times
^Those listing prices sound ridiculous. It's far from the city, although Sheepshead Bay Rd and Emmons are alright for restaurants and nightlife. While the area is decent enough, I just can't see the appeal (for that price) unless you're from one of the former Soviet states.

I don't think I've ever met a Russian mobster in the neighborhood. Most of the crime Russians do are related to tax fraud or insurance fraud, not much violent crime.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
^Those listing prices sound ridiculous. It's far from the city, although Sheepshead Bay Rd and Emmons are alright for restaurants and nightlife. While the area is decent enough, I just can't see the appeal (for that price) unless you're from one of the former Soviet states.

Look up Brightwater Towers in Brighton Beach. it's already exceeded that dollar amount for a building that was built in 1964 with very few worthwhile amenities nearby.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:

I don't think I've ever met a Russian mobster in the neighborhood. Most of the crime Russians do are related to tax fraud or insurance fraud, not much violent crime.

i didnt get the part about former soviet states
what makes people from former soviet states move to sheepshead bay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City