Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 09:59 AM

69 posts, read 105,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
Traffic is two months training,two first weeks insurance companies visit the academy,union members also,nothing has to do with school safety officer or police officer,you gonna learn the codes and they not gonna teach you basic things you need to know when you walk on the streets,like self defense or cpr,because the only reason they want you is to bring money to the the city
First of all ur lying. They do teach CPR (depending of what cpr ur talking abt) 2nd of all, basic thing u need to write summones is to know the code. Now ur talking abt self defense, put ur gun down and see how u can defend urself. Do u thk these school safety agent in these school can handle these kids... All u keep talking abt is bad thg abt Traffic. They bring money to pay u, you should be grateful. I doubt very much that u even work for the department... Because all these cops that i meet everyday, most of them r very humble and nice, but u an outsider r a joke..

Old 09-17-2015, 10:54 AM

327 posts, read 704,946 times
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
lol you were right about the instructors being very strict and most people cant follow directions either which makes it difficult for them. So far its been easy for me, just following orders etc. The insurances that were discussed today were really good as well. I didn't see the union president though, when does he show up? They are very strict about cellphones to, few people got cd's already for that. What else is in store for us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denco45 View Post
First of all ur lying. They do teach CPR (depending of what cpr ur talking abt) 2nd of all, basic thing u need to write summones is to know the code. Now ur talking abt self defense, put ur gun down and see how u can defend urself. Do u thk these school safety agent in these school can handle these kids... All u keep talking abt is bad thg abt Traffic. They bring money to pay u, you should be grateful. I doubt very much that u even work for the department... Because all these cops that i meet everyday, most of them r very humble and nice, but u an outsider r a joke..
my man,ssa do job similar to police officers,what is cpr?put your head down when civilian pushing you?

Old 09-17-2015, 08:07 PM

That's stupid if u think that's the CPR im taking abt.. Im talking abt courtesy.. Now if ur talking abt the medical CPR u dont know abt that better than me. Im a Nursing major for ur information. Like i said u think, u thk ur better, u need to thk again because pple in Traffic or PO are not only that but are specialized in other field, not like u. Because if u do u won't have that kind of low thought...

Old 09-18-2015, 05:43 AM

327 posts, read 704,946 times
Default Hi

Quote:
That's stupid if u think that's the CPR im taking abt.. Im talking abt courtesy.. Now if ur talking abt the medical CPR u dont know abt that better than me. Im a Nursing major for ur information. Like i said u think, u thk ur better, u need to thk again because pple in Traffic or PO are not only that but are specialized in other field, not like u. Because if u do u won't have that kind of low thought...
I don't want to comment about cpr,but okay,you are the best,you said traffic or po,don't put traffic next to the po because you are are civilian in uniform.not law enforcement and I don't understand why they still are under the pd umbrella.you know that you can get the job even if you have green card,that is a joke

Old 09-18-2015, 09:33 AM

Lmao.... Simple question. I know u never had a green card before because ur probably American born here. What make someone different when he become American after years of having a green card? Nothing!!!. U don't get extra knowledge for becoming American... See myself i have a green card, and will be citizen soon. But with my green card, I have 700 credit, college degree, and doing my B.A in Nursing in one of the well known university in New York and i work FOR NYPD (Traffic Agent) and proud... Many people like u born here can't even study, can't get a simple college degree. So u can see ur po ont abt green card job will give u an F grade... Now u still don't understand and u don't want to put Traffic next to P.O, u do what u want.. It's to big for u to understand anyway... Also the same pple working in Traffic become P.O u should at least understand that if anybody can be in Traffic, this "anybody " that work in traffic is the same person that become a police officer. P.O has requirements so does Traffic. Not everybody is American and have 60 credits also not everybody has green card and a high school degree... I really hope u can understand something from what im saying..

Old 09-19-2015, 04:47 PM

344 posts, read 606,792 times
We shouldn't be fighting over which agency is better, we're all apart of the NYPD. We gotta help each other out. it's not a job I would want as a career but there are opportunities to move up etc. I still respect them. I want to become P.O, so until then I will stay with traffic until they call me. It's a good job to hold down while I wait. Denco45 how's the job treating you so far? So I'm loving the academy and you're about the hardest part of waking up so early but I'm getting used to it.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:10 PM

Not a fight. Just that sometimes u realize that for some pple age doesn't come with wisdom. And i start to think that teaching is the hardest job. Trying to explain some basic stuff that really doesn't require a degree but just common sense, and yet, they can't understand. All they focus on is :" I don't understand y these pple wear this" or "Don't put these words next to each other" like if he can do something. Childish. .

Old 09-20-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
We shouldn't be fighting over which agency is better, we're all apart of the NYPD. We gotta help each other out. it's not a job I would want as a career but there are opportunities to move up etc. I still respect them. I want to become P.O, so until then I will stay with traffic until they call me. It's a good job to hold down while I wait. Denco45 how's the job treating you so far? So I'm loving the academy and you're about the hardest part of waking up so early but I'm getting used to it.
Job is fine and fun lol. It becomes a routine and less hard...

Old 09-20-2015, 04:32 PM

344 posts, read 606,792 times
Quote:
Job is fine and fun lol. It becomes a routine and less hard...
I can't wait to get on officially! Some people from my class resigned because they couldn't take he military style of teaching. This job isn't for everyone. It's becoming easy more and more each day though. Do you know anything about buying a 2nd pair of uniforms? I think we have to by the official traffic uniforms by next month.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:06 PM

8 posts, read 11,943 times
Thanks @syphonBeatz I had a feeling it would be that way but I'm good and happy
it may be a blessing cause things are turning around here .happy your enjoying the academy and thanks for the info . may god bless you through it withno faults ... keep doing good and you will be able to see your progress at graduation time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City