Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 04:24 AM

579 posts, read 945,549 times

Advertisements

I saw this article in the Raw Deal and since I have been living in the neighborhood for the past few months I think the article is right on the money.

Bronx’s Bedford Park hidden in plain view

October 25, 2007
By Sushil Cheema
While not as well-known as Riverdale, its posh cousin across the Bronx, Bedford Park is a postcard-ready neighborhood full of Victorian homes surrounded by well-manicured gardens. In contrast to Riverdale’s increasing home values in the past several years, however, prices in Bedford Park have lagged. As a result, some brokers say the area represents a bargain for buyers.

Moderator cut: Copyright issue: Please do not copy entire articles. A snip and a link is appropriate. Thanks.

Link to article: Bronx’s Bedford Park hidden in plain view

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-31-2013 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Copyright issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 06:02 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,255,759 times
Very nice. A lot of potential.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:23 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,104 times
Very objective article. That makes sense about the distance into the city. If you live further away from the Metro North and have to rely on the subway or express bus. At one time my old building was getting some nurses and 2 Dr's who worked over in Monty.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:18 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times
Norwood Boy where did you live in BP?

Old 05-31-2013, 08:11 AM

579 posts, read 945,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Very objective article. That makes sense about the distance into the city. If you live further away from the Metro North and have to rely on the subway or express bus. At one time my old building was getting some nurses and 2 Dr's who worked over in Monty.
Metro North is quicker definitely. However, the D train is not that bad either. AM and PM rush hours, the travel time to midtown is only 20 - 25 minutes.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,631,199 times
I think the neighborhood has "good bones"--lots of mature trees, open space, nice architecture, hilly topography. It's reminiscent of where we were living in Inwood west of Bway (but much less expensive). I'd say transportation is better than Inwood, since there are subways to both the east and west side, and a much closer metro north stop.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,304,122 times
Very interesting. I'm a little confused though... Now that I've looked at a map and located Bedford Park, I see that Norwood is close by which from my understanding is pretty run down, so how is this place on the up and up with Norwood next door?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:00 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Lots of nice architecture in this neighborhood.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 AM

113 posts, read 228,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
Very interesting. I'm a little confused though... Now that I've looked at a map and located Bedford Park, I see that Norwood is close by which from my understanding is pretty run down, so how is this place on the up and up with Norwood next door?
WHAT!!?? You think Norwood is Ran down??

3314 Bainbridge Avenue, Bronx NY - Trulia

They are obviously asking a ton of money for some of the multi Family homes in the area .. and not many places in the Bronx have multi Family homes going for more than 800K

I would say the neighborhood it is not in the best of shape .. but I wouldn't say "RUN DOWN" either..

Bedford Park is much Better than Norwood in IMO .. But Norwood is definitely not a bad place ..

South of Fordhma is a different story .. But I don't think many places North Fordham can be considered "Run down" ..

Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxMan314 View Post
WHAT!!?? You think Norwood is Ran down??

3314 Bainbridge Avenue, Bronx NY - Trulia

They are obviously asking a ton of money for some of the multi Family homes in the area .. and not many places in the Bronx have multi Family homes going for more than 800K

I would say the neighborhood it is not in the best of shape .. but I wouldn't say "RUN DOWN" either..

Bedford Park is much Better than Norwood in IMO .. But Norwood is definitely not a bad place ..

South of Fordhma is a different story .. But I don't think many places North Fordham can be considered "Run down" ..
lol... Well I heard Norwood has seen better days... Drug activity, etc., so that's why I'm asking.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-31-2013 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not other members
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City