Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times

Advertisements

Opiate users make me laugh with their denial. They never see themselves slumped over in a full nod looking like crap. They all spend their days telling everyone else they are the experts and are in 100% control of their use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 07:22 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Opiate users make me laugh with their denial. They never see themselves slumped over in a full nod looking like crap. They all spend their days telling everyone else they are the experts and are in 100% control of their use.
I have always found potheads to be among the worst there. Sad.

Astonishing that someone would glorify addiction by re-naming it "bohemian."

Old 06-30-2013, 02:41 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I have always found potheads to be among the worst there. Sad.

Astonishing that someone would glorify addiction by re-naming it "bohemian."
I agree that chronic pot users are lame but they have nothing on a dope fiend.

Opiate withdrawal is nasty.
Opiate withdrawal: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Quote:
Agitation
Anxiety
Muscle aches
Increased tearing
Insomnia
Runny nose
Sweating
Yawning

Late symptoms of withdrawal include:

Abdominal cramping
Diarrhea
Dilated pupils
Goose bumps
Nausea

Withdrawal from pot is all psychological unless you smoke 10 times a day then you may have some irritability when you stop. Pot also has never killed anyone. You would have to smoke the equivalent of 1,500lbs of weed. I know that a lethal dose of opiates depends on tolerance but there is no comparing opiates to pot.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
I agree that chronic pot users are lame but they have nothing on a dope fiend.
i also find chronic pot users lame. whiny lil biotches always begging for legalization. **** already. move someplace you can freely use and go sit on your couch and eat doritos. what gets me most is that potheads have some sense of entitlement as if their drug of choice is not a drug, where say an opiate user is a real scumbag compared to them. i though pothead hippies were supposed to be accepting of all and full of love...

-and Jasper, i also agree, opiate withdrawal can beat someone up pretty hardcore. not fun.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:56 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Keith Richards.
You beat me to that one.

I heard that when he fell out of the palm tree, the fall would have killed him if he hadn't been so "medicated."

Old 07-02-2013, 04:05 PM

9 posts, read 9,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arhoolie View Post
The most recent golden era for smack in NYC ended about 12 years ago, but for what it's worth I still think it's a great city to live and use in.
Great to hear, as I will be returning effective August 1st! Got a sweet place in Greenpoint as well.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
Do you actually believe this? If this is true you're either in denial or you do not truly share the "love of the opiate", or both! No where in the life of a true opiate user/abuser (especially Heroin) does the word responsible come to mind. A person can go decades just chipping (as they use to say) at heroin, but the day will come when you will be in full blown dependence.
Flatly untrue!

Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,142,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauve View Post
Flatly untrue!
Based on what?

I have not seen much at all about heroin being some nice recreational drug. You don't do some heroin once a month without some start to an addiction. Opiates slowly chip away at you. Before you know it you are hooked and you don't know how you got there.

You have zero proof that people don't experience issues just chipping. 99% will get hooked again. The body develops such a strong dependency that it would make occasional use impossible. You be feeling dopesick then relying on other things like Xanax and codeine to make yourself feel better during the week. It's a horrible drug and it latches on to you and drags you down. Don't act like it's weed or alcohol.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
Based on what?

I have not seen much at all about heroin being some nice recreational drug. You don't do some heroin once a month without some start to an addiction. Opiates slowly chip away at you. Before you know it you are hooked and you don't know how you got there.

You have zero proof that people don't experience issues just chipping. 99% will get hooked again. The body develops such a strong dependency that it would make occasional use impossible. You be feeling dopesick then relying on other things like Xanax and codeine to make yourself feel better during the week. It's a horrible drug and it latches on to you and drags you down. Don't act like it's weed or alcohol.
I'm not acting like it's weed or alcohol. Those drugs cloud your senses and make you sloppy in a way that heroin never does. Heroin makes you feel great, euphoric, and spectacular. But your head is clear at the same time.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 PM

466 posts, read 902,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauve View Post
I'm not acting like it's weed or alcohol. Those drugs cloud your senses and make you sloppy in a way that heroin never does. Heroin makes you feel great, euphoric, and spectacular. But your head is clear at the same time.
Can I have your stuff when you overdose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City