Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:42 PM

251 posts, read 637,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Based on what you've stated in this post, I would think you would get the big picture. When you start having groups of people running around and doing crazy things, you're bound to have all sorts of things happen.

Personally IR's are not something that I want to be involved in or associated with. But the fact that so many Whites males are obsessed with BM/WW IR and the Black male penis size and his alleged sexual ability is perverted and part of reason we have some of these of racial problems. The fact that this case had nothing to do with Black men/white women yet you still found a reason to somehow injected them into your argument shows that is it likely an obsession of yours and you most likely reek of insecurity! White men need wide spread counseling around this issue of sexual obsession of Black men and the Black penis because it never been address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 01:49 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
So you support Mr. Vogel getting beaten into a bloody pulp? And I'm supposedly the one who isn't concerned about the couple's safety. Makes you wonder.
Absolutely. Vogel was right for standing up for his and the wife's dignity. Sure he could have avoided getting physically hurt by ignoring the direct insults but would that be right? Would YOU do the same thing if you and your wife were insulted in your own neighborhood in Riverdale? I think you would fight back but when it comes to this interracial couple, you think otherwise. You also keep repeating that it was the Vogels who provoked the 3 men when it is obvious by now that it was the thugs who did the provoking.

Somehow you are taking it against them, which makes me wonder if the real reason is because you just don't like them. You are also wasting no opportunity in putting the blame on the couple when they should be blamed for nothing at all and anyone with a single drop of decency would give them 100% support. What gives "Somewhere in Time"? Why do you side with the bad guys?

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 08-23-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 02:00 PM

268 posts, read 340,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Absolutely. Vogel was right for standing up for his and the wife's dignity. Sure he could have avoided getting physically hurt by ignoring the direct insults but would that be right? Would YOU do the same thing if you and your wife were insulted in your own neighborhood in Riverdale? I think you would fight back but when it comes to this interracial couple, you think otherwise. You also keep repeating that it was the Vogels who provoked the 3 men when it is obvious by now that it was the thugs who did the provoking.

Somehow you are taking it against them, which makes me wonder if the real reason is because you just don't like them. You are also wasting no opportunity in putting the blame on the couple when they should be blamed for nothing at all and anyone with a single drop of decency would give them 100% support. What gives "Somewhere in Time"? Why do you side with the bad guys?
I said Mr. Vogel. I never included his wife at all. Wasn't he the one that confronted them and asked why they were shouting? If so, what would you call that if not provoking them when it was obvious that they were drunk? No one is blaming them. I just think it would've been wise of him to have gotten out of there with his wife, don't you, rather than getting beaten bloody and being outnumbered by three men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystress215 View Post
Personally IR's are not something that I want to be involved in or associated with. But the fact that so many Whites males are obsessed with BM/WW IR and the Black male penis size and his alleged sexual ability is perverted and part of reason we have some of these of racial problems. The fact that this case had nothing to do with Black men/white women yet you still found a reason to somehow injected them into your argument shows that is it likely an obsession of yours and you most likely reek of insecurity! White men need wide spread counseling around this issue of sexual obsession of Black men and the Black penis because it never been address.
Actually my previous post didn't mention anything about any race. Perhaps you should re-read it.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:10 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,105 times
If you choose to confront a pack of drunken youths that are obviously in the mood for an altercation, then you've got to own some of the responsibility when you get stomped. That's not blaming the victim, just the harsh reality of street wisdom.

Possibly the victim didn't understand that he was getting into a dangerous situation---and that some knuckleheads actually put on a clean shirt, gel their hair, don some Axe body spray and then go out on a Saturday night looking for a fight. Many people in this day and age have NO exposure to violence and don't comprehend that there are people who will hit you!

That said, the racial slurs that were hurled constitute an intolerable insult, and the guy did the right thing. Broken bones will heal, but the shame of backing down after your wife has been degraded like that never washes off.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
If you choose to confront a pack of drunken youths that are obviously in the mood for an altercation, then you've got to own some of the responsibility when you get stomped. That's not blaming the victim, just the harsh reality of street wisdom.
That's exactly my point!

Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
That's exactly my point!

Cherry picking again. You only agreed with one part but you didn't agree with where the poster talks about standing up for his wife.

And you avoid responding to "what would you do if it was you".

Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
I said Mr. Vogel. I never included his wife at all. Wasn't he the one that confronted them and asked why they were shouting? If so, what would you call that if not provoking them when it was obvious that they were drunk? No one is blaming them. I just think it would've been wise of him to have gotten out of there with his wife, don't you, rather than getting beaten bloody and being outnumbered by three men.
This is repeated nonsense. We know by now that the shouts were insults directed at the couple. So at the end of the day, it was the 3 thugs who provoked the Vogels and not the other way around. Let's not revise the facts, OK?

Vogel was right not to back down while his wife was being dishonored even if it meant getting hurt. Are you somehow suggesting that his wife did not deserve to be defended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
He would fight back of course. No excuses. But when it comes to this couple he thinks the man should have turned his back. There really is something about the couple that he does not like so in his mind they can never be right no matter what they do.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:18 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:

Possibly the victim didn't understand that he was getting into a dangerous situation---and that some knuckleheads actually put on a clean shirt, gel their hair, don some Axe body spray and then go out on a Saturday night looking for a fight. Many people in this day and age have NO exposure to violence and don't comprehend that there are people who will hit you!

That said, the racial slurs that were hurled constitute an intolerable insult, and the guy did the right thing. Broken bones will heal, but the shame of backing down after your wife has been degraded like that never washes off.
Reps to that man. You are right on point.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:19 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:

I agree with everything. There are people out there who think they can get away with violence and they get off on scaring people. Almost sounds like "A Clockwork Orange". Maybe these men needed a dose of reality that even though they may not have gotten their butts whooped, they also found someone who wasn't going to back down like a coward.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Cherry picking again. You only agreed with one part but you didn't agree with where the poster talks about standing up for his wife.

I'm not involved in an interracial relationship, so I don't think I'm exactly qualified to answer that. What about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
This is repeated nonsense. We know by now that the shouts were insults directed at the couple. So at the end of the day, it was the 3 thugs who provoked the Vogels and not the other way around. Let's not revise the facts, OK?

Vogel was right not to back down while his wife was being dishonored even if it meant getting hurt. Are you somehow suggesting that his wife did not deserve to be defended?
We saw how well he did doing that now didn't we, as well as how the situation turned out for her, so it makes you wonder. 1 against 3... He really stood a chance of defending her honor wouldn't you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City