Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 12:03 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,373,343 times

Advertisements

That's pretty much how I see it CNYC...and I could not believe Lhota even has the same lisp as Giuliani!!!!!! I don't want either....unless something dramatic happens between now and the election ( and I will be watching the last debate next week), I am going all in for DeBlasio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,376 times
So Sobro, you're gonna make your claims and then ignore my retort to you since it's inconvenient for you to answer? You're officially in jcoltrane's league now.

Perhaps Carib will answer. I seriously doubt it though...

Old 08-30-2013, 12:16 PM

It's his fight, not mine...take it up with him. If I am in jcoltrane's league now...that is 4 steps higher than I thought I would be in your eyes....I am moving on up! Don't derail the thread with nonsense race baiting..just start a new thread and have at it.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:22 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
It's his fight, not mine...take it up with him. If I am in jcoltrane's league now...that is 4 steps higher than I thought I would be in your eyes....I am moving on up! Don't derail the thread with nonsense race baiting..just start a new thread and have at it.
I'm the one who got called a racist (which you agreed with....hence me bringing you into it), yet I'm the one who derailed the thread?

Ok dude...

Old 08-30-2013, 12:37 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,961 times
How many votes will he get for saying that he'll raise tax on the rich? This policy is lunacy, anyone who lives in the city that actually pays any income taxes is paying close to 4% city tax on top of state and federal. How does it make sense to tax people that are already paying a city tax when probably more than half of the rest of the city doesn't even pay any tax at all. He'll just wind up driving out the remaining high income earners from the city and erode the tax base that actually pays the 4%. Why can't he support the reinstatement of the commuter tax? Lots of migrant tax cheats who live in Manhattan that have their mommies and daddies living in NJ/CT or upstate don't pay any city tax because they file as non NYC residents. With a commuter tax anyone who benefits from city services takes a hit.

De Blasio: Support for tax on rich will 'bubble up' to Albany | Capital New York

Old 08-30-2013, 12:40 PM

19,037 posts, read 13,948,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daloto View Post
3 time Darwin Award winner Sean Hannity said so, so it must be true.
I've never listened to or watched Sean Hannity in my life. What channels can he be found on?

Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The vast majority of looney toons like you think (incorrectly) the 2nd amendment is a gun rights document.

There is no constitutional right to own a gun, zippo
lol, good one. Even Obama and his minions are on record numerous times disagreeing with you on that one!

Molon Labe.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 08-30-2013 at 12:54 PM..

Old 08-30-2013, 12:42 PM

If you believe that the wealthy are gonna move to Idaho to escape paying a few more bucks in taxes...I have a bridge and a tunnel to sell you! The "outrage" and allegations of wealthy jumping ship is pure fabrication and scare tactics...nothing more. They can pay more without even noticing, and they will...guess why? The same reason we all pay "outrageous" sums in taxes, fees, fines, deal with nonstop quality of life issues, train delays, crowds, litter...and on and on..because this is THE place to make money, the breath of opportunities, and people.

Don't believe all the hype a few loudmouths are claiming..the rich are coming here in ever increasing numbers, not fewer...and whatever minor increase will not change that.

DeBlasio is playing the right strategy right now....and he knows it. Whether anything actually occurs when he is in office who knows..but he is saying the right things and the polls are reflecting his success.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
So Sobro, you're gonna make your claims and then ignore my retort to you since it's inconvenient for you to answer? You're officially in jcoltrane's league now.

Perhaps Carib will answer. I seriously doubt it though...
Where has jcoltrane been anyway? These types of threads are right up that guy's alley and I haven't seen him make a peep.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:52 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Where has jcoltrane been anyway? These types of threads are right up that guy's alley and I haven't seen him make a peep.
I've wondered where he's at too.

Y'all chased him off the board by telling him no one agreed with him. I thought he made a lot of sense.

I also like(d) Marilyn, where is she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City