Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 07:33 PM

195 posts, read 304,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Wait, does this mean you don't wash your hands when you walk in the door usually? I always wash my hands when I get home, whether I've ridden the subway or not. There's filth and grime everywhere, including on money, on the pen you're given to sign credit card receipts, on door handles, etc.
Oh he's unbothered by that as he only frequents establishments that cater to a certain kind of consumer (read: upper class establishments that racially/ socio-economically profile their potential clients) so they would never offer him a pen contaminated with the germs of the "poors" (as his transplant friend from Maryland so aptly named them)...only montblanc pens used by the rich white customers, who as we all know don't have germs.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:43 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Dumbo threado.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:50 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDraper View Post
On most occasions I drive in the city or catch a cab when I'm strapped for time. But today I had to make a quick stop to my downtown office which is conveniently right next to the Wall Street 2 line. A simple ride in this hell zone practically ruined my Saturday. From the disgusting smells of filth and urine, constant pan handlers to the obnoxious low class ghetto riders I don't know where to start. I felt like I could've been mugged any moment without anyone taking notice. This system is simply a cesspool for ghetto animals and health hazzards. As a property owner in this city am highly disgusted. Thoroughly washed my hands soon as I made it back to my condo. I have traveled all around the world and never seen a transit system so nasty, ghetto and dangerous.
Hmmmm. You only have a few posts and they all seem like something that would be in a Lhota advertisement.

Man, will you guys quit it with the fear mongering please?

He's still not gonna elected.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:55 PM

43,646 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
On most occasions I drive in the city or catch a cab when I'm strapped for time. But today I had to make a quick stop to my downtown office which is conveniently right next to the Wall Street 2 line. A simple ride in this hell zone practically ruined my Saturday. From the disgusting smells of filth and urine, constant pan handlers to the obnoxious low class ghetto riders I don't know where to start. I felt like I could've been mugged any moment without anyone taking notice. This system is simply a cesspool for ghetto animals and health hazzards. As a property owner in this city am highly disgusted. Thoroughly washed my hands soon as I made it back to my condo. I have traveled all around the world and never seen a transit system so nasty, ghetto and dangerous.
The subway is the best way to get around the city. If one lives in Manhattan one could use the buses or taxis (if one has enough income). But otherwise, how can one afford (time and money) not to use the subway system? Also I think your description is not accurate about the whole system but does describe certain parts of it.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM

26 posts, read 23,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Hmmmm. You only have a few posts and they all seem like something that would be in a Lhota advertisement.

Man, will you guys quit it with the fear mongering please?

He's still not gonna elected.
I am in no way affiliated with Lhota or the elections. I'm simply venting my frustrations with a dangerous subway system.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:06 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times
I think there's a higher chance of getting bedbugs from a cab over the subway, due to the cab's upholstered seats and the necessity to actually sit down and put your belongings next to you on the taxi seat. At least in the subway you can stand if you don't want to touch anything except the metal pole.

Also if anyone has ever vomited on the cab seat or had sex on it, that stuff is harder to get out of upholstery than it is to clean off the plastic subway seats.

If you're freaked out about the lack of cleanliness on the subway, you should be just as freaked out in the taxi.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:06 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Quote:
I am in no way affiliated with Lhota or the elections. I'm simply venting my frustrations with a dangerous subway system.
Again,you are not using your head.The streets are more dangerous than the subway,so you would do better to simply keep off the streets.....or move.

And doesn't Miami have one of the highest crime rates in the world? There is no place for you to go.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:10 PM

26 posts, read 23,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I think there's a higher chance of getting bedbugs from a cab over the subway, due to the cab's upholstered seats and the necessity to actually sit down and put your belongings next to you on the taxi seat. At least in the subway you can stand if you don't want to touch anything except the metal pole.

Also if anyone has ever vomited on the cab seat or had sex on it, that stuff is harder to get out of upholstery than it is to clean off the plastic subway seats.

If you're freaked out about the lack of cleanliness on the subway, you should be just as freaked out in the taxi.
Avoiding all germs completely is impossible in any city, I will take my chances with a dirty cab seat over being offended, robbed or worse.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:14 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,914 times
Quote:
Avoiding all germs completely is impossible in any city, I will take my chances with a dirty cab seat over being offended, robbed or worse.
On a serious note: what was said or done to you that you would think you were going to get robbed or worse?

Old 10-26-2013, 08:16 PM

195 posts, read 304,758 times
Quote:
How Gross Is Your Taxi? -- New York Magazine

(As if none of that is possible on the street )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City