Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 04:18 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,486,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
But dont do that twerking stuff...WASPs dont like twerking...its a sign of being too ghetto.and WASPs dont like big derrieres either.
Let's be honest. WASPs are not interested in black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Are you one of those black women who go natural with their hair style now a days? I mostly see these natiral hairstyled black women with white men all the time in East Village and Gentry Brooklyn. I find these black women like that very attractive, sexy and confident, however they have become too elitist, so entitled and self absorbed now than ever for my taste.

Elaborate please.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:45 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_inFall View Post
I'm confused by your post. Would you prefer BW to go for low income men, instead of professionals in East Village and "Gentry Brooklyn?" In my opinion, these women are putting themselves in the best position to marry well and maintain a good living standard.

FYI, I am black American, but I usually tell people that my parents are African, since so many people think poorly of black Americans. Most would never guess that I'm black American. I'm mistaken for Nigerian American all of the time, even by Nigerians in the U.S.

Identifying as an African woman actually has many advantages in the dating game.
Why would I prefer anyone to go for a low income man, but then again their are some good low income men out their, eventually if you don't find a high income man like many careerist women, you're gonna end up living with cats, living lonely or your going have to end your hypergamist lifestyle to settle with someone down the low income bracket. If a low income man can not finance you a trip to Costa Rica or Thailand or to a farm fresh to table restaurant than that's to bad. These black women that I encounter are no different than their white counterparts. As for putting best position to marry? Hold up, plenty of women like that harbor plenty of debt that wont be paid back anytime soon, so you can forget about a good standard of living unless if you are trying to maintain that style with a swipe of a credit card? Nigerian, that's cool. Come to think of it, I was at a tavern, or should I saw a watering hole at Kips Bay. Why was I doing their? Don't remember, but I bumped into two Nigerian women, very cute, petite, sexy, careerist type but also hypergamist. Nothing wrong with that. Usual questions were asked, what do you do, hey do you live around here, can I see your apartment, what college did you go too? Didn't turn out the way how I wanted it to and moved on, but later on these two Nigerian women started throwing themselves at a white guy who's Asian girlfriend had just stepped out of the bar and left! I had to Lol. If the op wants to meet a well fit educated man, I suggest that you try 5k runs that your corporate offices hold, or if not that, their is always happy hour at your local bar in Midtown and Fidi. Speaking of Midtown, their is a bar in 6th avenue and 59th street called Whiskey, I have been their a couple of times and plenty of women go to this place looking for high roller men regardless of race.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-29-2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 04:47 PM

222 posts, read 715,242 times
You want to meet a well-educated, professional white male in his 20s or 30s who takes care of his health.
I suggest that you look into the New York Road Runners Club in Manhattan. They sponsor many running races all over the city and it's a great way to meet some nice men. After the race, there are usually refreshments and everyone likes to talk about how they did in the race. Also, the Road Runners Club has group runs during the week -- a great way to stay in shape, too.

Another thing you might look into is a coed volleyball league. I don't know where they meet, but I'm sure you can find some information online. Perhaps there is a meetup for this kind of thing.

If you like the great outdoors, why not join a hiking group. There is the Appalachian Mountain Club. REI, a store on Houston St , has a calendar with various outdoor activities.

I hope this has been helpful and good luck.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:03 PM

900 posts, read 2,373,272 times
BG, no different than the professional Black guys who demand the same of a Black women to be professional, not only does he expect them to be educated but also tops in her field. I'm turned off by the way Black men no matter their station in life have become so demanding.

OP I'm also dating White men and just like everyone else they have their preferences too. I used to think White men were only interested in slim women but they like thick sistas too and some with one of those big ole bubble butts. Just go to Craigslist and you'll get an idea, I'm not saying you should go there to get a date but you'll find a lot of White men looking for a relationship with a Black women and vice versa.

And as far as that WASP comment about public displays, when I dated a WASP years ago we tongued it at the corner of Carnegie Hall. It didn't matter to him what other people thought and believe me there were some old White women expressing their displeasure but there were also some White business men walking by smiling.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:40 PM

99 posts, read 216,118 times
I think lying about your heritage is rediculous. Just be yourself and the man you're interacting with will be able to judge your character soley based on you and not a whole nationality. Try online dating

Old 10-29-2013, 05:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
BG, no different than the professional Black guys who demand the same of a Black women to be professional, not only does he expect them to be educated but also tops in her field. I'm turned off by the way Black men no matter their station in life have become so demanding.

OP I'm also dating White men and just like everyone else they have their preferences too. I used to think White men were only interested in slim women but they like thick sistas too and some with one of those big ole bubble butts. Just go to Craigslist and you'll get an idea, I'm not saying you should go there to get a date but you'll find a lot of White men looking for a relationship with a Black women and vice versa.

And as far as that WASP comment about public displays, when I dated a WASP years ago we tongued it at the corner of Carnegie Hall. It didn't matter to him what other people thought and believe me there were some old White women expressing their displeasure but there were also some White business men walking by smiling.
On cl if you browse Brooklyn w4m you see plenty of AA and Caribbean American women asking for white men only.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:

I went on craigslist and I was thoroughly disgusted. Those men just want sex.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
On cl if you browse Brooklyn w4m you see plenty of AA and Caribbean American women asking for white men only.
Really? I wonder if these women really prefer white men or the prince charming stereotype portrayed on TV. Does it become anything real? A former friend of mine is married to a white man and I do not like the way he treats her. He never defends her to his family and some of the issues are race related. I am not sure if it is worth it.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:30 PM

130 posts, read 156,089 times
Quote:

I'm not interested in meeting guys from craigslist; it's very unsafe. The person could be a serial killer, stalker or rapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City