Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 07:54 AM

131 posts, read 245,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousinmymind View Post
I hope they don't cancel these two classes, I am hearing that they might scrap that class due to budget problems due to the NYPD raise and the economical down turn. The mayor is looking for further budget cuts in city agencies. I hope that is not the case but with bloomy you never know. even though they are saying the already accounted for these 2 classes in this year's budget, they can postpone the classes for early next year (due to the fiscal year ending in June 2009). I got this from a friend who works in the mayor’s office.
Lets try to stay positive here. We appreciate the information but all stuff like that does is stress everybody out.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:49 AM

71 posts, read 130,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I just want to say something to everyone on here that wasn't called yet......Most of you will be in the August class, which is a blessing too. I know we get anxious to get it NOW, but think about those that are in the 1000's and up. They are hoping for the next time around. So if it's August, then that's great too. I know it's easy to say, but I think a month will fly by and then you guys will feel all of this excitment too. So good luck and God bless to all. Let's be positive and keep our heads up.....
You know, Sal, you're right. I just can't wait to start. But we are very lucky whether starting in July or August.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:16 AM

656 posts, read 1,412,418 times
do lawsuits against the department affect their budget? like the dog-streetsweeper incident mentioned above.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:42 AM

300 posts, read 659,378 times
Thekuai i dont think so .. i think that money would come from another budget in the city ....

Old 06-14-2008, 10:44 AM

300 posts, read 659,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousinmymind View Post
I hope they don't cancel these two classes, I am hearing that they might scrap that class due to budget problems due to the NYPD raise and the economical down turn. The mayor is looking for further budget cuts in city agencies. I hope that is not the case but with bloomy you never know. even though they are saying the already accounted for these 2 classes in this year's budget, they can postpone the classes for early next year (due to the fiscal year ending in June 2009). I got this from a friend who works in the mayor’s office.

I highly doubt it.... someone posted on here about the DSNY's budget for the year and where the money is allocated and stuff.. and they did alot of cuts and are saving millions of dollars... Now im not saying they won't make anymore cuts, but they WILL not cancel these two classes ....

Old 06-14-2008, 10:54 AM

72 posts, read 198,260 times
I called HR yesterday (Fri.) and spoke to a woman who seemed helpful. She told me they "might" be done with the July hiring, they reached the mid 200's and no date for the August class will be determined until they are complete with processing the July class. I also told her I was #53x and asked her if she thought I wouldn't make the Aug. class because they're only up to mid 200's. She told me she wasn't sure but would think my chances are 50/50. I asked why they called in the additional 200 if they were filling positions pretty good, and she told me when they first started calling people "ALOT" of them didn't have their CDL but many,many people are hustling to get them. Just thought I'd share what I got from HR.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:46 AM

early happy father's day to you guys and to your father's

Old 06-14-2008, 12:23 PM

24 posts, read 53,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanManHopeful View Post
I called HR yesterday (Fri.) and spoke to a woman who seemed helpful. She told me they "might" be done with the July hiring, they reached the mid 200's and no date for the August class will be determined until they are complete with processing the July class. I also told her I was #53x and asked her if she thought I wouldn't make the Aug. class because they're only up to mid 200's. She told me she wasn't sure but would think my chances are 50/50. I asked why they called in the additional 200 if they were filling positions pretty good, and she told me when they first started calling people "ALOT" of them didn't have their CDL but many,many people are hustling to get them. Just thought I'd share what I got from HR.
So how do they do this exactly? Let's say (for example) #210, has no CDL, so they skipped him in the calls last week & went to the next person. But then #210 calls them on Monday & has gotten the CDL.

He has to be reinstated, right? So what happens to the last guy they called when now someone above him is able to fill the spot?

Old 06-14-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_MV View Post
So how do they do this exactly? Let's say (for example) #210, has no CDL, so they skipped him in the calls last week & went to the next person. But then #210 calls them on Monday & has gotten the CDL.

He has to be reinstated, right? So what happens to the last guy they called when now someone above him is able to fill the spot?
He gets reinstated as being elgible.....so he'll be the first one in the august class when they go through the list again...once a class is filled its filled.

Old 06-14-2008, 01:34 PM

72 posts, read 198,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_MV View Post

Great question, I'm not sure. Maybe the last guy called in for final processing is not officially in?????? Maybe the 100 for July becomes official after final processing. Really don't know but if someone does have an answer please post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City