Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 5,077 times

Advertisements

so i went to my interview 11/25 and others were interviewing...i was surprised that I was mailed back seeing as though I had applied in May. also, my log number is 32,*** so i thought it was impossible. I met with a very nice woman...she took all of my paperwork and she also took my money order and said she would run my credit on 12/1 ....i still haven't heard back, although my credit is good of course. She checked the sheet for CB preference and told me that a woman who had a log # of 31k was processed for an apartment so its all up in the air....im doubtful ill get anything but she was nice and helpful......what the heck happens now...she didn't request anymore papers, she said she had everything since i submitted correctly, and she kept the money order....could i be looking forward to good news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 09:04 AM

5 posts, read 5,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP18 View Post
Did they take your money order?

they took my money order back in july when i first turned in my paperwork.
has anyone made any progress. I'm tempted to call but nervous, don't want to get on their bad side and have my app thrown out or "misplaced"

Old 12-11-2014, 01:35 PM

23 posts, read 37,476 times
I signed my lease today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty sure I definitely wasn't getting this apartment because my log number was 29K and I was told I was on the backup log.

Around mid-november I got an email from my case manager saying that my number was up and requesting updated financial documents. I submitted them ASAP along with my money order and they said they would keep me updated. A few days later I called to follow up and my case manager told me that my application was put back on the waitlist... extremely frustrating.

Then, around Thanksgiving my case manager emailed me again saying that they were processing my application again. I was asked to provide letters from previous employers stating I no longer worked with them. Once that was provided, my case manager told me she was sending my application for city approval and I should hear something back within about 5 business days. The city came back with a couple of questions, but on Tuesday I finally got the call that my application was approved and I was invited to sign my lease on Thurs (today).

I saw my apartment this morning and it was beautiful! The building was really nice & officially opened up in the end of November so people are already moved in. The guy who showed me my apartment said that this lottery broke city records with over 67,000 applicants so I was lucky. He did say that even though I had a high log number, I would be surprised at the amount of people that were rejected due to qualification issues (exceeded income, bad credit, etc). Also, he said that there were actually about 30 apartments that were still vacant (as of today).

Sorry for the long post but I've definitely stalked this page for months to see updates & where everyone else was at in the process. I feel extremely blessed to have gotten the apartment & I wish the best of luck to everyone else on here (because the building is by no way fully rented out).

Old 12-12-2014, 08:34 PM

89 posts, read 151,486 times
I just don't understand how I'm a city worker, district 10 resident, log # 15k but still on back up.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:34 AM

111 posts, read 207,290 times
Quote:

I was pretty sure I definitely wasn't getting this apartment because my log number was 29K and I was told I was on the backup log.

Around mid-november I got an email from my case manager saying that my number was up and requesting updated financial documents. I submitted them ASAP along with my money order and they said they would keep me updated. A few days later I called to follow up and my case manager told me that my application was put back on the waitlist... extremely frustrating.

Then, around Thanksgiving my case manager emailed me again saying that they were processing my application again. I was asked to provide letters from previous employers stating I no longer worked with them. Once that was provided, my case manager told me she was sending my application for city approval and I should hear something back within about 5 business days. The city came back with a couple of questions, but on Tuesday I finally got the call that my application was approved and I was invited to sign my lease on Thurs (today).

I saw my apartment this morning and it was beautiful! The building was really nice & officially opened up in the end of November so people are already moved in. The guy who showed me my apartment said that this lottery broke city records with over 67,000 applicants so I was lucky. He did say that even though I had a high log number, I would be surprised at the amount of people that were rejected due to qualification issues (exceeded income, bad credit, etc). Also, he said that there were actually about 30 apartments that were still vacant (as of today).

Sorry for the long post but I've definitely stalked this page for months to see updates & where everyone else was at in the process. I feel extremely blessed to have gotten the apartment & I wish the best of luck to everyone else on here (because the building is by no way fully rented out).
What size apartment did you get and what size apartments do they still have.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:19 AM

23 posts, read 37,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeauVixen View Post
What size apartment did you get and what size apartments do they still have.
I got a 1-bedroom.... I know there were 26 apartments in my income bracket, but I'm not sure exactly which units & income ranges are available.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:00 PM

111 posts, read 207,290 times
My log # is in the 13K and im on a back up list. I dont understand stand how they go by log number and someone with a higher log number has signed a lease before me this is bs.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:24 PM

5 posts, read 5,764 times
After all of that they sent me a letter saying my income exceeds the limit for 1person and by almost 10k..it's so frustrating, my income is nowhere that high and this feels like a mind game. I appealed it but feels pointless to do so. Congrats to those who have actually made it past the bs

Old 12-17-2014, 06:36 AM

71 posts, read 117,350 times
Quote:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! glad to finally hear that someone from the forum got an apartment. is it true though that the low income side doesnt get access to the courtyard?

Old 12-17-2014, 06:37 AM

71 posts, read 117,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeauVixen View Post
My log # is in the 13K and im on a back up list. I dont understand stand how they go by log number and someone with a higher log number has signed a lease before me this is bs.
i think credit plays a major part in the decision as well....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City