Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 09:30 AM

23 posts, read 37,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy05 View Post
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! glad to finally hear that someone from the forum got an apartment. is it true though that the low income side doesnt get access to the courtyard?
thanks! its something that they're currently going back and forth with. we currently have access to a section of the courtyard, while the condos across have access to the larger amount of if- however for some reason they want to have our little section too (greedy smh). the guy that was showing me the apt said that we probably will end up keeping our section though.

i was shocked that i got it because even though i have CB preference, my log # was pretty high in my opinion. but i do believe credit plays a large part in it...the man also told me that they basically look for everything that could disqualify you- including credit and prior evictions and such and that's why they're now getting to the higher log numbers because so many people werent qualified
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 10:25 PM

13 posts, read 26,107 times
Default Log# 2456

I was denied at first for my income exceeding the maximum amount allowed for the 2 bedroom apartment for $1,011. I appealed their decision with proof from my employer. I won my appeal and I signed my lease last Friday the 2 bedroom apartment was beautiful much better than I expected. I can't wait to move in at the beginning of next year.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:24 AM

23 posts, read 37,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BkTaye81 View Post
I was denied at first for my income exceeding the maximum amount allowed for the 2 bedroom apartment for $1,011. I appealed their decision with proof from my employer. I won my appeal and I signed my lease last Friday the 2 bedroom apartment was beautiful much better than I expected. I can't wait to move in at the beginning of next year.
Congrats! Just curious... how long did it take for them to process the appeal?

Old 12-19-2014, 10:00 AM

13 posts, read 26,107 times
Default log #2456

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP18 View Post
Congrats! Just curious... how long did it take for them to process the appeal?
It took about 2 weeks. They move pretty fast you just have to send and submit all documentation in regards to your appeal. Good Luck.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:14 PM

89 posts, read 151,498 times
I rcvd a letter today stating that the list is now closed and when there are vacancies, they'll call in log # order. Im a city worker, have cb pref, high income, + my credit wasn't ran. How are they going in order when I'm 15k but 22k's have apts?! They're bs. That's ehy Im working on getting me a condo in Harlem. These lotteries are bs.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:52 AM

71 posts, read 117,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityworker13 View Post
I rcvd a letter today stating that the list is now closed and when there are vacancies, they'll call in log # order. Im a city worker, have cb pref, high income, + my credit wasn't ran. How are they going in order when I'm 15k but 22k's have apts?! They're bs. That's ehy Im working on getting me a condo in Harlem. These lotteries are bs.
how do u know they didnt run ur credit? im sure they had to

Old 12-22-2014, 07:20 AM

89 posts, read 151,498 times
@hippy05 because my money order was mailed back to me months ago... that's how I know

Old 12-22-2014, 08:10 AM

5 posts, read 5,077 times
so.....i called to get an update...i think when u call they automatically throw u out....they sent me a letter in the mail saying that I had been put on the waiting list and to update every six months if i want to still be considered.....they must have ran my credit too because they didn't return my money order..........im going to a realtor...too much waiting and stress to have these people playing

Old 12-25-2014, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,170 times
how do you apply online can someone please help me

Old 12-25-2014, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,170 times
can someone help me im trying to find an apartment and i dont know where to get the application
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City