Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2019, 02:28 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,578,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi2019 View Post
Hi I’m new to the group, I’m hoping they start a hiring pool for the staff analyst trainee. Thank you all for all this great information, keep the thread going.
Welcome to the party! Feel free to ask questions, but if you can, try to read backward because there might be some answer to your questions already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 07:15 PM

1,035 posts, read 674,253 times
well, what do you know, ACS is looking to fill 20 SA vacancies, as per City Data. Let's hope other agencies pick up hiring too.

Old 11-26-2019, 04:55 AM

110 posts, read 136,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
well, what do you know, ACS is looking to fill 20 SA vacancies, as per City Data. Let's hope other agencies pick up hiring too.

I hope so because ACS is the last place Id want to get called to.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:37 AM

155 posts, read 165,551 times
I am just wondering, as it seems the first number in that ACS cert is still 82, as it was for some lists certified in beginning of October, which appears to indicate there had been no movement. On the other hand, the last number is 542, which seems to indicate that about a third of people in reachable list are in fact off the list, which seems to be a rather high proportion.
Also with this second cert request, it looks like ACS is the second biggest in terms of vacancies agency hiring SA (After DSS).

Old 11-26-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximpnyc View Post
I am just wondering, as it seems the first number in that ACS cert is still 82, as it was for some lists certified in beginning of October, which appears to indicate there had been no movement. On the other hand, the last number is 542, which seems to indicate that about a third of people in reachable list are in fact off the list, which seems to be a rather high proportion.
Also with this second cert request, it looks like ACS is the second biggest in terms of vacancies agency hiring SA (After DSS).
The number of people off the list could be a lot of reasons, such as people got invited for hiring pool declined the position, or simply people don’t respond at all when they are invited to the hiring pool.

In my opinion, DSS and ACS have high turnover possibly because of office politic. So a lot of people come and go relatively quick, as quick as in few months. There are a lot of negative views about these two agencies, and I wouldn’t dare to go near it.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
The number of people off the list could be a lot of reasons, such as people got invited for hiring pool declined the position, or simply people don’t respond at all when they are invited to the hiring pool.

In my opinion, DSS and ACS have high turnover possibly because of office politic. So a lot of people come and go relatively quick, as quick as in few months. There are a lot of negative views about these two agencies, and I wouldn’t dare to go near it.

There is a lot of truth here.

Old 11-26-2019, 05:25 PM

1,035 posts, read 674,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetulantMasticator View Post
I hope so because ACS is the last place Id want to get called to.
Lol

Old 12-03-2019, 07:14 PM

Just got a call letter in the mail for ACS today. My list number was in the 400s

Old 12-03-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Just got a call letter in the mail for ACS today. My list number was in the 400s
Congratulation!!! Go go go!

Old 12-04-2019, 08:03 AM

15 posts, read 12,647 times
Quote:
Hey man I am in the early 500s, can you give me a range of the 400s your number was? I got certified on open data but I don't expect to receive a mail. so I just want to know if I should get my hopes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City