Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 12:49 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Let's face it, people in the hood who constantly get into trouble with the police are never the types to be able to get into politics. Don't pretend these people are on career paths.

An arrest (not a conviction) is not necessarily a bar to employment for the federal government or politics. De Blasio as public advocate got arrested during a protest of a closing hospital. Didn't stop him from successfully running for mayor.
So you are comparing being arrested for protesting which many leaders have done since the days of the British to pot possession?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 12:56 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
It's your lack of imagination and inability to understand most people outside your sphere don't care about certain idiots who can't keep themselves from repeatedly getting into trouble.

Sure says the guy whose uses the " guys loitering on the corner" as his sole reason for being for Stop n Frisk! Just because you don't care and insist on using one specific scenario to describe the reason for getting in trouble with the law means very little. The DOJ and the White House cared enough to launch an investigation. DeBlasio and Bratton seem to disagree with your pov!

Is it hard to imagine or comprehend that regular folks who cause no trouble get harassed by police? Does it seem impossible, simply because it has not happened to you?

Old 08-07-2014, 06:02 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Sure says the guy whose uses the " guys loitering on the corner" as his sole reason for being for Stop n Frisk! Just because you don't care and insist on using one specific scenario to describe the reason for getting in trouble with the law means very little. The DOJ and the White House cared enough to launch an investigation. DeBlasio and Bratton seem to disagree with your pov!

Is it hard to imagine or comprehend that regular folks who cause no trouble get harassed by police? Does it seem impossible, simply because it has not happened to you?
If De Blasio cared that much he never would have hired Bratton, Mr. Broken Windows in the first place.

And big deal for the DOJ and White House investigation. When an innocent kid was actually murdered, Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman walked and the feds did nothing.

I would be shocked if the cop who killed Garner did time or if the DA even decided to prosecute.

Garner, mind you who was arrested 31 times (drug dealing, among other crimes) and who was resisting arrest. Career criminal. This was clearly not an example of a regular person having an issue with the cops. Nor was Orta (arrested 24 times at the age of 22).

As for the alleged harassment of innocent people by the NYPD, I've been around enough to know that hustlers/criminals love hiding behind their race, and I've seen police busts in action. It's generally a waste of their time to go after innocent people. They concentrate on criminals.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:54 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,687,984 times
Wife of Man Who Shot Eric Garner Video Arrested on Assault Charge | NBC New York, Sorry for the repost.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:11 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,336 times
Oh the irony. The assault was caught on video: Wife of man who filmed Eric Garner chokehold by NYPD cop busted over attack footage, cops say

Old 08-07-2014, 09:41 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post

Yes, that's hard for me to imagine.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
so the filmer's wife now gets arrested. Yeah GREAT bunch of people down there, LMAO

Old 08-07-2014, 06:21 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
so the filmer's wife now gets arrested. Yeah GREAT bunch of people down there, LMAO
I'm still waiting on you to find the thread or posts where I said that I was into heroin or druggie activity.

Did you make that up, because you were upset with my post or was it a genuine mix up with another poster who glorifies dope fiend use?

Old 08-07-2014, 06:26 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'm still waiting on you to find the thread or posts where I said that I was into heroin or druggie activity.

Did you make that up, because you were upset with my post or was it a genuine mix up with another poster who glorifies dope fiend use?
Marilyn, he's got you confused with Maude. BTW I haven't seen her posting, I fear the worst.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Marilyn, he's got you confused with Maude. BTW I haven't seen her posting, I fear the worst.
Oh, thanks Above Average Bear. I was wondering where he was getting that info from.

I hope she's okay as well. Heroin, as with many other narcotics, is not an easy drug to shake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City