Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:05 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazellect View Post
Ramsey Orta has 24 prior arrests at 22 and now this one makes 25. Not a nice guy. Or a smart one. There he is with a minor, selling drugs to her and going into a known drug and prostitution hotel with a gun, that Mr. Niceguy tried to pass off to the 17 yr old minor so she would get busted with it. Oh and he is married too. Disgusting.
The criminal justice system is made to profit, not rehabilitate.

That is the reason (for you sayin he has a record, yes YOU) why this guy has 24 prior arrests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 07:09 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
The criminal justice system is made to profit, not rehabilitate.

That is the reason (for you sayin he has a record, yes YOU) why this guy has 24 prior arrests.
Also that he is just plain stupid and that he is scum from scum family.

He has ultimate responsibility for his actions, and instead of his mother and wife calling out his wrong deeds they support him.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:12 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Also that he is just plain stupid and that he is scum from scum family.

He has ultimate responsibility for his actions, and instead of his mother and wife calling out his wrong deeds they support him.
Yeah, but looking down on him won't change the problem.

It just reinforces negative stereotypes.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:56 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,309,115 times
These two skells Garner & Orta had 56 arrests between them and yet we are debating that these people aren't the problem. They are both ghetto hood rat trash.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,243,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
if youre going to "teach me something" ... post a link
Here it is, snubnose:
NYPD Reports
www.nyc.gov/.../nypd/.../nypd_annual_firearms_discharg...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
If the person who died was white, this entire case would have been very different.
Yes. No one would even notice.
Not that big a deal, when a boss does it.
http://www.thefirearmreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/nypd.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
As long as the person is black or brown (read of African descent or hispanic descent), then the video could show the cop slicing Eric's throat from ear to ear, proceed to cut him open from throat to torso, then manually pull his heart out from his chest and many of these SAME posters saying the cop "had to do it", because Garner didn't turn around fast enough to be handcuffed.
Try the decaf!

Last edited by bigjake54; 08-05-2014 at 10:00 PM..

Old 08-05-2014, 11:46 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Privacy issues, big ones. This is the realm of big data and we have scarcely even begun to sort those things out.

Well, here's the thing. Mayor Bloomberg had no issue with cams recording us live 24-7 and ppl protested, he famously replied times have changed, get used to it. Why is it when LE or govt is aske dto record themselves for the safety and security of the public, questions and barriers are brought up?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I'm calling this out as pure nonsense. You see, if one gets busted just one time for weed, and has no prior record, in all likelihood the judge would give an ACD.

And yes, so called minorities get ACD. The thing is it's become acceptable to break the law in certain underclass subcultures, so people repeatedly break the law and therefore end up with criminal records.

I'm Black,and I detest the fact criminals hide behind excuses like yours . Boo hoo, whites do drugs too (yes, they do), but the cops only target us.

Having been inside poor neighborhoods before, a variety of antisocial behaviors attraction attention in the first place. 10 men hanging out on the street corner for hours, apparently smoking something. Of course this is going to attract the attention of the cops. Loitering is technically illegal even if they aren't smoking weed. Go to your homes or wherever you have to go to instead of hanging out on the corner like morons. In cases like this sometimes people from the neighborhood even call the cops as they don't like walking by these strange men in order to get home or go to work. The past for Presidents may have gotten high but I seriously doubt they were out on street corners all hours of the night acting like this. I'd call this behavior low class but anyone with any class wouldn't act like this, so I'd be insulting low class people.

Oh, or parking your car in front of a building where you don't live, leaning out of the car window while blasting music from your car.

If some people don't want to be treated like thugs or street scum, don't act like it. And stop using race as a shield for criminals. Stop it with the lame excuses for garbage.

I was the first male in my family to get a degree. Some of the men in my family I will admit are scum, and who hangout with other street trash. I always avoided hanging out with filth and never had any interest in even speaking to them. I always admired intelligence and class. Which is why I have my education and why I am not locked up!

Actually you are incorrect about the laws regarding weed. There is no guarantee that an ACD will be given. Its completely up to the judge's discretion.As soon as you were arrested with a joint, you are in the system. That itself would disqualify from many govt jobs.

".. there are some other situations in which an ACD might be considered less advantageous than even pleading guilty to a violation offense like disorderly conduct. This strange situations are not related to the accused's situation within the criminal justice system. Rather they are related often to outside issues like immigration and employement issues. Federal Immigration law doesn't always understand or recognize the truth about the ACD in New York. Jobs and licensing agencies, including those that are connected to New York State often do not understand the ACD properly."

An arrest for possession of less than 2 ounces of marijuana in a public place is classified as criminal possession of marijuana in the 5th degree (New York State Penal Law § 221.10), a Class B misdemeanor punishable by 3 months in jail.

This is what most young ppl in NYC regardless of color are hit with......A misdmeanor for a joint!

It doesn't what color you are but the fact is minorities are being targetted. When the hipsters in BK started getting picked by LE, then the debate on Stop n Frisk hit the headlines with force. Your focus is only on ppl loitering and engaging in anti social behaviors but what about ppl who do nothing wrong? The term antisocial has more than one meaning. You can be a reclusive and avodiant and still be labelled as Anti Social! In other words, you can totally mind your business and still be harrassed for no good reason.

I think you assume too much. Late night on corners? Presidents don't do this? Low class? Did you know Benjamin Franklin smoked marijuana? He didn't have to smoke in his apartment and hide form the police.

Why do you assume an education prevents you from getting locked up? You think folks from Harvard haven't been arrested?

I'm from America, where you have the freedom to act as a thug or scum ...as long as you don't break the law. Though loitering may be a crime on the books, it an issue of enforcement. Jaywalking, bicycling on the sidewalk, cycling without a helmet are laws that are broken all the time.

How about addressing the other points I made, instead of swerving off course. What's your thoughts on LE wearing body cams? How about all courts video recording proceedings live on the web?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:11 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Im surprised Al Sharpton is not having a fun raiser to free this man who recorded cops killing an African American man. I'm very sure if it was a black man who filmed the beating and was arrested a few days later for some reason other reason. Al Sharpton and his buddies would host a fund raiser so that money can be raised for bail and legal fees.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Not even. And for the record I never bought drugs, or did anything else illegal. It's why I do not have problems with the police. And I am not white. There are consequences to the choices we make and the lives we lead.

I think this upsetting to because of your own drug use, and you identify with both Garner and Orta. But I have never been a fan of street scum.

You don't have to do drugs to get in trouble or be harassed by LE.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:44 AM

1,653 posts, read 2,309,115 times
So guess who got arrested last night on assault charges......DRUM ROLL PLEASE! It's CHRISSIE ORTIZ!

That's right ladies and gentlemen, the wife of 25 time arrested and convicted felon Orta has been arrested on assault charges stemming from an altercation with another women.

This isn't even a story, truth be told it's a non-story. It's just another day in the hood.

Chrissie Ortiz, wife of Ramsey Orta, arrested on assault charges, police say | SILive.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City