Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2014, 04:56 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoneydsny View Post
Badge and parking plaque? Sorry to sound dumb but I am 1 of many hopeing to get hired. What badge and parking plaque are u talking about.

All uniformed city workers get badges. Some garages have crappy parking, so you get a parking pass to be able to park in the sanitation only parking lot at the the garage or the sidewalk etc.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:58 PM

15 posts, read 22,463 times
Thanx alot.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:23 PM

48 posts, read 75,635 times
OK so. At the end of a workers probationary period.
If no lateness, sick, AWOL, complaints...

Have workers been fired for accidents alone?

Old 10-05-2014, 07:33 PM

6 posts, read 8,404 times
Thanks for info sanman2k5.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:32 PM

129 posts, read 200,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Whaaaaaatttt lol?

If you're sick, you go sick. You get paid for being out sick. Whoever said you didn't get paid for being sick is an evil liar
i dont understand why xwop's exist then.. cant u just say ur sick instead of using an xwop?

Old 10-05-2014, 09:04 PM

117 posts, read 197,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneaday11 View Post
You're paying union dues because your eyeglasses, your dental, and your medicationsare all being taken care of by the union.
Suppose you dont want to use the unions plans?

Old 10-05-2014, 09:20 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,968,682 times
I read a lot of stuff on this board about stupid crap like probation extensions, sicks, xwops, union crap, contract nonsense, staying out or running it up etc etc, fellas if u don't even have this job yet, all you need to worry about is handling the stuff for pre employment, then when and if you get hired literally the only thing u need to do is show up, don't be drunk or on drugs, don't be late, keep your mouth shut and go with the flow of your new garage, trust me you'll learn all this stuff as you go, it's not that complicated, I'm on probation, and in the quick one year I've been here I've seen a few guys I came on with get canned already, cause they couldn't follow those simple rules, show up ON TIME (early) do whatever your supposed to, and don't be a drunk it druggie. It's that simple

Old 10-05-2014, 11:08 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,392,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxboogiebx View Post
OK so. At the end of a workers probationary period.
If no lateness, sick, AWOL, complaints...

Have workers been fired for accidents alone?
As I already said. Yes. I know one personally...but again it depends on how many and the severity. A broken mirror won't cost you the job. In fact the one guy I know actually got extended first then hit something else badly unfortunately

Old 10-05-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbkpraying View Post
Suppose you dont want to use the unions plans?

Why would you not want to save money on stuff like eyeglasses?

Old 10-05-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
I read a lot of stuff on this board about stupid crap like probation extensions, sicks, xwops, union crap, contract nonsense, staying out or running it up etc etc, fellas if u don't even have this job yet, all you need to worry about is handling the stuff for pre employment, then when and if you get hired literally the only thing u need to do is show up, don't be drunk or on drugs, don't be late, keep your mouth shut and go with the flow of your new garage, trust me you'll learn all this stuff as you go, it's not that complicated, I'm on probation, and in the quick one year I've been here I've seen a few guys I came on with get canned already, cause they couldn't follow those simple rules, show up ON TIME (early) do whatever your supposed to, and don't be a drunk it druggie. It's that simple

We've lost 3 people from the first two classes this year already because when we said they'd be randomly drug tested...They apparently thought we said, smoke weed and come to work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City