Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 10:24 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,755,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
So wearing long hair, or a beard and moustache will not get you far in life. lmao.
You are showing your age. It was quite a different time in this country during the 60s and 70s.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:26 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
You are showing your age. It was quite a different time in this country during the 60s and 70s.
I sure am...I'm quite young sir.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:51 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,932,781 times
Quote:
I doubt very much that they have anything to teach me.
Ethics-wise, I would caution against launching sweeping generalizations toward populations about which you, as you said yourself, know little to nothing.

That said, I do have the sense that ethics may not be high on your list of priorities.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Ethics-wise, I would caution against launching sweeping generalizations toward populations about which you, as you said yourself, know little to nothing.

That said, I do have the sense that ethics may not be high on your list of priorities.
Ghetto people and ethics, I still don't get it.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:55 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
I just don't get how they don't want to conform to the norms of society. And then they complain when problems arise. When I was a teen I wore my hair long, sported a beard and mustache and wore blue jeans all the time. I soon found out as I entered the adult word that continuing to dress, act, and groom myself as a teen would not get me far at all.
And there are well groomed people who still haven't gotten far financially, and their are long haired, bearded guys who are wealthy.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
And there are well groomed people who still haven't gotten far financially, and their are long haired, bearded guys who are wealthy.

And what does that have to do with this thread, Dude?

Old 10-04-2014, 12:49 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well that's just it. Unless you're going to work, to visit friends or family, to go to some business, etc you are not just permitted to hang out on the street.

I don't know what those kids were doing or if they lived in the neighborhood or not.

But I do know all over the city loitering isn't allowed. I know ghetto people have gotten used to it, but good neighborhoods stay good in part because in them hanging out on the streets is not allowed.
They weren't loitering. They walking in the neighborhood probably trying to get somewhere.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:18 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,337 times
Quote:
I just don't get how they don't want to conform to the norms of society. And then they complain when problems arise. When I was a teen I wore my hair long, sported a beard and mustache and wore blue jeans all the time. I soon found out as I entered the adult word that continuing to dress, act, and groom myself as a teen would not get me far at all.
Excellent observation! I feel the same way. These idiots refuse to conform and simulate into mainstream culture. They all act as outcasts who don't give a f***. And then you wonder why these people get discriminated against. Because your dumb a$$ doesn't come correct. So in exchange for having your pants sagging, wearing a do-rag with a hood over your head, having loud conversations in public, walking around with your cell phone blasting music, you get discriminated against and then you're baffled as to why. Lol. It's never been about one's skin color, it's about the content of their character.

And these people will forever be discriminated against until they decide to simulate and conform into normal society.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
And what does that have to do with this thread, Dude?
What did your comments about your past and your teens have to do with the thread?

Old 10-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
They weren't loitering. They walking in the neighborhood probably trying to get somewhere.
This nobody knows for sure.

Certain people in the news media use stories like this to make Blacks look irrational and prone to group think, then the Republicans can come out and say they have the solution for this.

We don't know what those teenagers were doing. Immediately defending Blacks who appear to be in trouble (when Blacks do this) is as racist as a white person automatically claiming a Black person is guilty.

It's an election year and certain political interest feel the need to play portion of the public like a violin. If people would stop jumping to automatic conclusions in cases like this things would be a lot better (of course how would those sites get their advertising revenues. Click, click).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City