Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 06:36 AM

595 posts, read 560,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I really don't care what the cop wants, if I haven't done anything the cop needs to move on to the next person who has done something. If the cop can't handle the duties of his job then he needs to resign, not my fault he signed up for a job that he couldn't handle.

And as a tax paying citizen the cops works for ME!
Actually no cops don't work for you since you can't control how and when your tax money is used. BTW cops pay taxes too, so do they work for themselves?

Cops work for NYPD, an agency which gets grants and tax money from various sources (local, state, federal)

Old 12-04-2014, 09:02 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,245,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
the same applies to whites to enter black neighborhoods.

the first thing the cops do is confront the white because it is assumed that they are there to buy drugs.

i don't see what the problem is here.

these blk kids certainly aren't shopping at Bierkraft or Cog & Pearl...
Thats a bold faced lie.; especially here in the city. Provide evidence that NYPD is stopping citizens of non color in the South Bronx, Uptown or other neighborhoods. Please.....I would argue that its the opposite of your statement. But in theory, what you stated SHOULD be happening as well. If anything they are telling them you shouldnt be over here, this is a _____ neighborhood.

Last edited by SLIMMACKEY; 12-04-2014 at 09:14 AM..

Old 12-04-2014, 10:45 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Blacks are not banned in any neighborhood in NYC. You attack white racists for trolling, yet you troll yourself. Be the change, and step up to better behavior yourself!

Now I'm not saying that you can't have an incident between the NYPD and a black person, but to take this one incident and claim the the NYPD is banning Blacks in Park Slope is proposterous. Shame on you AND BigboiBob for implying such. It isn't true.
I'm not trying to troll anyone. I was responding to the idea that a police officer would attempt to say "no Blacks should be here". I know that Blacks are not banned from any neighborhood in NYC. I know that for a fact. I am responding to those who would support a cop saying such things.

I never said they were banned. I merely am saying that if any police officer tries to pull such a stunt, it is unconstitutional.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:53 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not trying to troll anyone. I was responding to the idea that a police officer would attempt to say "no Blacks should be here". I know that Blacks are not banned from any neighborhood in NYC. I know that for a fact. I am responding to those who would support a cop saying such things.

I never said they were banned. I merely am saying that if any police officer tries to pull such a stunt, it is unconstitutional.
So you're feeding trolls who in all likelihood don't live in NY?

The vast majority of police officers would not say such a thing. It's just as wrong to paint all cops with a bad brush because one cop does or says something stupid as it is to present an entire race one way just because some people do whatever.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:54 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,474,580 times
F THE NYPD they suck.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
Actually no cops don't work for you since you can't control how and when your tax money is used. BTW cops pay taxes too, so do they work for themselves?

Cops work for NYPD, an agency which gets grants and tax money from various sources (local, state, federal)
They ultimately answer to the mayor, so they work for me. I help put mayors in office by voting for them. Me, as in a member of the public. Yes, the government of which cops are a part of work for the citizens who pay their taxes.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
They ultimately answer to the mayor, so they work for me. I help put mayors in office by voting for them. Me, as in a member of the public. Yes, the government of which cops are a part of work for the citizens who pay their taxes.
Well in that case try and fire de blasio, you can't? Emm tell him to answer some emails! Can't do that either.. Hmm well I guess he doesn't work for you.

By your logic if i'm a consumer of a product/service made by a company you work for then you work for me. Or I buy 1 share of stock in your company

In fact, I would have a better chance firing you if I had a large share in the company you work for before your tax dollars make any impact on controlling the mayor

Flawed logic because there's millions of voters and tax payers and your votes/tax money dont matter

Old 12-04-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Well in that case try and fire de blasio, you can't? Emm tell him to answer some emails! Can't do that either.. Hmm well I guess he doesn't work for you.

By your logic if i'm a consumer of a product/service made by a company you work for then you work for me. Or I buy 1 share of stock in your company

In fact, I would have a better chance firing you if I had a large share in the company you work for before your tax dollars make any impact on controlling the mayor

Flawed logic because there's millions of voters and tax payers and your votes/tax money dont matter
Sure I can try and fire de Blasio, and if enough voters agree with me in 2017, it may very well happen.

But the bottom line the police due indeed have to answer to the public ultimately. The public votes in the mayor, who appoints the top police officials.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Sure I can try and fire de Blasio, and if enough voters agree with me in 2017, it may very well happen.

But the bottom line the police due indeed have to answer to the public ultimately. The public votes in the mayor, who appoints the top police officials.
Another bottom line is that if investors in your company don't like that you're on city data all day, you could be gone far sooner than 2017.

Hard to say who works for who, clear that no police officer or mayor works for you though.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Another bottom line is that if investors in your company don't like that you're on city data all day, you could be gone far sooner than 2017.

Hard to say who works for who, clear that no police officer or mayor works for you though.
I'm a writer so of course I am on my computer writing all day. Duh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City