Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:32 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/download...atatable50.pdf

Every metric shows that it is WORST among whites!
If the white person is from Staten Island. Not all are. Remove Staten Island from the figures and stats will be much different.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:36 PM

203 posts, read 191,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
If the white person is from Staten Island. Not all are. Remove Staten Island from the figures and stats will be much different.
Actually, the same is true for many white parts of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens (and LI), it's not just Staten Island. It's happening in many white enclaves throughout the U.S...

Old 12-06-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
First of all adolescents regardless of race or social class are obnoxious beings, so if you are merely describing this behavior you know black kids are as entitled to do this as are the white ones.

Violent behavior wasn't reported and I some how doubt the woman who lives in the area would tolerate violence unless she is a sadomasochist. So I suspect you stereotype because these kids are black. Because the issue wouldn't have merely being in the neighborhood. It would have been being engaged in violence and even if they did it in front of their home, it would still be unacceptable.

Sorry the notion of "not being their because they don't live there falls FLAT". The cop DID NOT know whether the kids lived there are not!
Honestly, I really don't notice many groups of adolescent white kids walking from downtown Brooklyn.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
Actually, the same is true for many white parts of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens (and LI), it's not just Staten Island. It's happening in many white enclaves throughout the U.S...
I didn't interpret the stats that way. It seems that outside Staten Island, white areas in the other boros have similar rates to that of non-white nabes. If not lower.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I didn't interpret the stats that way. It seems that outside Staten Island, white areas in the other boros have similar rates to that of non-white nabes. If not lower.
There is a growing epidemic of white youth who are addicted to heroin. Take a look at the NY times articles that I've posted...

Old 12-06-2014, 10:18 PM

19,057 posts, read 13,973,458 times
I'll take heroin over incessant gun violence any day of the week.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'll take heroin over incessant gun violence any day of the week.
I'm uninterested in dealing w/ either of those problems, but truth be told, overall, NYC is very safe. Where is the incessant gun violence occurring? Typically, gang members, drug dealers and other criminals target each other, not regular people, who are not buying or selling drugs, nor associating with those who are involved in criminal activities.

I lived in the Mount Morris park area of Harlem for 7 years on a beautiful tree lined street filled w/ multi-million dollar brownstones. I have never been the victim of any crime whatsoever. Also, I never associated with criminals and I never used any illicit drugs.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I'm uninterested in dealing w/ either of those problems, but truth be told, overall, NYC is very safe. Where is the incessant gun violence occurring? Typically, gang members, drug dealers and other criminals target each other, not regular people, who are not buying or selling drugs, nor associating with those who are involved in criminal activities.

I lived in the Mount Morris park area of Harlem for 7 years on a beautiful tree lined street filled w/ multi-million dollar brownstones. I have never been the victim of any crime whatsoever. Also, I never associated with criminals and I never used any illicit drugs.
Businesses employees regular people. They are robbed on a daily basis by either gun or knife.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Businesses employees regular people. They are robbed on a daily basis by either gun or knife.
I seriously doubt that businesses in low income areas are robbed on a "daily" basis. If this were true, they would never make any money, therefore, they wouldn't be able to keep their business running.

In actuality, most businesses situated in low income areas with high crime, tend to have bars and bullet proof barriers in the checkout area, which protect their employees from robberies and other violent occurrences.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
I seriously doubt that businesses in low income areas are robbed on a "daily" basis. If this were true, they would never make any money, therefore, they wouldn't be able to keep their business running.

In actuality, most businesses situated in low income areas with high crime, tend to have bars and bullet proof barriers in the checkout area, which protect their employees from robberies and other violent occurrences.
Believe it. Businesses in NYC get robbed everyday whether in low or high income nabes, and all in between. Biggest target are cab drivers and those incidents tend to take place in low income areas. Another are gas station attendants. Storefronts get robbed all the time as well. Just ask the guy behind the counter of your local bodega. Do you not think banks branches are targets? Ever wonder why many seem to hire cops for security these days.

Residential apartments get robbed more than they should as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City