Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 07:54 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,932,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

My questions.
What do those statistics have to do with Blacks who aren't breaking the law?
And why should the Blacks who are doing their part suffer for those who are breaking the law? What is the point of that?

And don't give me this "it is what it is" crap.
The statistics should bother everyone of any race.

How is it that you are suffering ? Assuming that you are a black person who is not breaking the law. Aside from empathy for the less privileged.

How, exactly, are YOU suffering ? Do tell.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:00 PM

73,029 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
The statistics should bother everyone of any race.

How is it that you are suffering ? Assuming that you are a black person who is not breaking the law. Aside from empathy for the less privileged.

How, exactly, are YOU suffering ? Do tell.
I was talking about law-abiding Black people suffering for the stupidity of the law breakers. How are they going to get hurt? Just by the fact that they are Black, there are those who will not make a distinction between regular Black people, and underclass criminals. When a police officer said to Black teenagers "Black teens must stay out of predominantly White neighborhoods unless doing something productive". That is violating someone's rights. As a citizen of this nation, everyone person has the right to travel where they please. Getting treated poorly because of "statistics" is a stupid things, and it is a violation of one's rights.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:46 PM

595 posts, read 560,734 times
Quote:
I was talking about law-abiding Black people suffering for the stupidity of the law breakers. How are they going to get hurt? Just by the fact that they are Black, there are those who will not make a distinction between regular Black people, and underclass criminals. When a police officer said to Black teenagers "Black teens must stay out of predominantly White neighborhoods unless doing something productive". That is violating someone's rights. As a citizen of this nation, everyone person has the right to travel where they please. Getting treated poorly because of "statistics" is a stupid things, and it is a violation of one's rights.
Cops are people too, they want to make it home at the end of their shift just like the rest of us. Stereotyping is human nature's tool for survival. again, not right but real.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:56 PM

73,029 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
Cops are people too, they want to make it home at the end of their shift just like the rest of us. Stereotyping is human nature's tool for survival. again, not right but real.
I know cops are people. A police officer wants to make it to the end of the shift. I want to be able to go anywhere I want without someone telling me "you're Black, you aren't welcomed here". If a police officer tells be "No Blacks allowed in this neighborhood", that is a violation of my rights. And the Constitution guarantees rights to USA citizens. Can you refute that?

At the end of the day, fairness and what is right is far more important to me than "human nature". So what if it's "human nature"? It is violates a person's rights, then said person should file a lawsuit. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, period.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:57 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,905 times
Quote:
stuff like this makes me hesitant to visit NYC. Stuff like this might deter some potential tourists from going to NYC. They might decide to go other places and spend their money.
Really? Frankly, NYC is absolutely stuffed with tourists. Especially Manhattan. 53 million annually.
Quote:
Notice how no other race is being told this.
We actually don't know that this event even occurred. The whining woman is a former Legal Aid lawyer. She has her own agenda. Is there any video? Have any of the supposed victims come forward?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
People should walk where ever they want. I don't own the sidewalk in my neighborhood
Karma would be a group of high school students taking up residence on the sidewalk in front of your house, ever day after school lets out.
Quote:
such behavior on the part of that police officer could deter potential tourists.
Many NYers wish there was some way to deter tourists!

Last edited by bigjake54; 12-03-2014 at 09:08 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 08:57 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,932,781 times
Quote:
"Black teens must stay out of predominantly White neighborhoods unless doing something productive".
You have not demonstrated that someone actually said this.

This is a predominantly black neighborhood with many affluent blocks.

Frequently, the police arrive to inform roaming groups of unsupervised adolescents that they should keep moving unless they have business here. That's because people got tired of them sitting on cars and causing damage, littering, screeching and fighting. Getting into lobbies and smoking marijuana.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:38 PM

595 posts, read 560,734 times
Quote:
I know cops are people. A police officer wants to make it to the end of the shift. I want to be able to go anywhere I want without someone telling me "you're Black, you aren't welcomed here". If a police officer tells be "No Blacks allowed in this neighborhood", that is a violation of my rights. And the Constitution guarantees rights to USA citizens. Can you refute that?

At the end of the day, fairness and what is right is far more important to me than "human nature". So what if it's "human nature"? It is violates a person's rights, then said person should file a lawsuit. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, period.
Neighborhood and cops safety vs black teens right to loiter rambunctiously

sorry but safety prevails.

most schools have security officers controlling teens going to and from school and curb teens loitering on or near school property

Old 12-04-2014, 01:54 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
I really don't care what the cop wants, if I haven't done anything the cop needs to move on to the next person who has done something. If the cop can't handle the duties of his job then he needs to resign, not my fault he signed up for a job that he couldn't handle.

And as a tax paying citizen the cops works for ME!

Old 12-04-2014, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Neighborhood and cops safety vs black teens right to loiter rambunctiously

sorry but safety prevails.

most schools have security officers controlling teens going to and from school and curb teens loitering on or near school property
No court is going to convict any teen for going anywhere in this city that is public.

You can't hang out on the corner for hours or loiter in front of buildings, but if you're en route to a destination the cops actually generally do not bother you.

Both you and Green Mariner have it wrong to an extent. I have never, ever seen cops bothering Blacks going to work, school, to friends homes, or whatever destinations.

Now if they are hanging out on the corner or in front of a building or some other property, yes, the cops are going to bother them. In these cases it has less to do with the person's race and more to do with the person's actions. In this since both you BibboiBob and Green Mariner are trolling about things you don't really have first hand knowledge. In NYC, as a Black guy no officer has ever bothered me while en route to a destination.

Mind you, if the cops recognize you as a criminal, they tend to go after you again, knowing that they might find drugs or whatever other contraband on you.

But on all that ,for those Blacks who get busted criminally for that, that isn't my problem. I didn't order them to do the crime. The crime is on them, and the justice system may deal with the matter as they chose.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:02 AM

Quote:

Blacks are not banned in any neighborhood in NYC. You attack white racists for trolling, yet you troll yourself. Be the change, and step up to better behavior yourself!

Now I'm not saying that you can't have an incident between the NYPD and a black person, but to take this one incident and claim the the NYPD is banning Blacks in Park Slope is proposterous. Shame on you AND BigboiBob for implying such. It isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City