Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 06:43 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,543,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
When your hipster neighborhood goes back to the crack dens of the 90s, we'll see how concerned she is...

Do I detect racist stereotyping here. Drug infested neighborhoods will be where many whites live and heroin will be what is available. White drug over dosage in NYC is so many times the rate of black OD and even higher than Hispanic OD.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:44 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,384,169 times
Just more ginger-bs. All these poor poor poor poor white folks are migrating to NYC right now and they do not want people around the place to lower the value of the neighborhood. Why is that important? Thanks to the NYC 2001 and the Gay-KK. NYC is starting to feel the heat of the South.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:45 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Do I detect racist stereotyping here. Drug infested neighborhoods will be where many whites live and heroin will be what is available. White drug over dosage in NYC is so many times the rate of black OD and even higher than Hispanic OD.
Got a stat on that? Plenty of drug use going on in black and Hispanics nabes as well.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:47 PM

[quote=bigboibob;37501430]

Try being better as a race if you want to be treated better.
[quote]

Can I ask you a question? Should the fact that heroin drug usage is much higher among whites than it is amongst blacks allow me to stereotype every young white as a heroin user?

Or should I judge people as INDIVIDUALS based on what THEY do, and not on what others with whom they might share skin color might engage in?

Old 12-06-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
Stereotyping is human nature's tool for survival. again, not right but real.

OK so every white should be stereotyped as a heroin user and every man as a rapist.

Are you happy now? Or suddenly it might impact you so you insist in being judged in terms of what YOU do.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
Thats a bold faced lie.; especially here in the city. Provide evidence that NYPD is stopping citizens of non color in the South Bronx, Uptown or other neighborhoods. Please.....I would argue that its the opposite of your statement. But in theory, what you stated SHOULD be happening as well. If anything they are telling them you shouldnt be over here, this is a _____ neighborhood.

Actually white hipsters are now being stopped by these Long Island cops who don't know that white kids live any where these days and not just in Williamsburg.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
They were strolling down the street causing ruckus. All loud, swearing, getting into fights, etc... Not skipping down the street swinging their arms hand in hand whistling to play tunes.

First of all adolescents regardless of race or social class are obnoxious beings, so if you are merely describing this behavior you know black kids are as entitled to do this as are the white ones.

Violent behavior wasn't reported and I some how doubt the woman who lives in the area would tolerate violence unless she is a sadomasochist. So I suspect you stereotype because these kids are black. Because the issue wouldn't have merely being in the neighborhood. It would have been being engaged in violence and even if they did it in front of their home, it would still be unacceptable.

Sorry the notion of "not being their because they don't live there falls FLAT". The cop DID NOT know whether the kids lived there are not!

Old 12-06-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Got a stat on that? Plenty of drug use going on in black and Hispanics nabes as well.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/download...atatable50.pdf

Every metric shows that it is WORST among whites!

Old 12-06-2014, 07:06 PM

203 posts, read 191,106 times
Quote:
There is plenty of drug use going on in black neighborhoods, however, it's pretty rare for large numbers of black high school students to use hard drugs like heroin, cocaine and prescription narcotics. Such is not the case w/ white junior high and high school students.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/28/ny...o-uses-it.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/05/ny...en-island.html
Heroin in the suburbs: An American epidemic | Fox News
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/us...pain.html?_r=0
New York's Long Island sees exploding heroin use, deaths - CNN.com
Heroin epidemic plagues N.Y. suburbs

I wonder which steps the white community will take to curb this epidemic in their schools and neighborhoods.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:12 PM

203 posts, read 191,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/download...atatable50.pdf

Every metric shows that it is WORST among whites!
Drug abuse is a major issue in many low, middle and upper income white communities. Many white teens are not merely experimenting with marijuana, many have become full blown junkies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cskq_zGVSZs

Last edited by Claire_Springs; 12-06-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City