Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 03:56 PM

17 posts, read 25,295 times

Advertisements

i did not get called yet. it seems they call for traning classes every 5 months or so??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 05:05 PM

40 posts, read 80,800 times
I was under the impression that they were not allowed to call. Applicants are supposed to be notified by mail.

By the way does anybody know what number they are up to? Thanks!

Old 06-15-2016, 09:03 PM

7 posts, read 11,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeba-chan View Post
The next training class is apparently Thursday, June 16th.

I'm assuming you passed the class? How was it?
No I wasn't in the Feb. training class.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:06 PM

I also thought you recieve something in the mail. Has anyone actually
recieved anything in the mail for it? or just a phone call?

Old 06-16-2016, 09:08 AM

22 posts, read 31,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jant11 View Post
I also thought you recieve something in the mail. Has anyone actually
recieved anything in the mail for it? or just a phone call?
That's what I thought, too, but I asked my friend again and her relative said she was called.

----

It could be the case that my friend's relative meant that she received a letter calling them in for the June 16th class; since it is rather uncharacteristic of city or state agency to be open on a weekend.

Last edited by beeba-chan; 06-16-2016 at 10:15 AM..

Old 06-16-2016, 11:44 AM

thats good that she got called. I didn't get called this time, im patiently waiting. Maybe next class whenever that is.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jant11 View Post
thats good that she got called. I didn't get called this time, im patiently waiting. Maybe next class whenever that is.
Judging from last year, the next call will probably be in Fall, between the months of September & November.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:11 PM

6 posts, read 8,014 times
I just got a call from my investigator 2 days ago about setting up an initial interview with him, but he said he would call again to schedule the interview after they move to the city in late July/early August. I asked if he knew when the next class would be going on, but he said he wouldn't be sure until they finish the move.
Anybody actually have the meeting with their investigator yet? What was asked?

Old 06-22-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imeonx View Post
I just got a call from my investigator 2 days ago about setting up an initial interview with him, but he said he would call again to schedule the interview after they move to the city in late July/early August. I asked if he knew when the next class would be going on, but he said he wouldn't be sure until they finish the move.
Anybody actually have the meeting with their investigator yet? What was asked?
He's going to:
  • have you fill out *more* paperwork. Be sure to remember all your immediate family members' birthdays (including nieces and nephews). One of the forms will make this (asinine) request.
  • examine and make copies of your paperwork. Be sure to bring everything you need. One particular you will need that is listed incorrectly on the requirements sheet is to bring two utility bills, regardless of who you live with.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:48 AM

does anyone know what number they are up to? and is there a way online i cant find that out? or do I have to call?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City