Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2016, 01:25 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
Got it! Thank you and good luck to you. I live in Hells Kitchen for over 10 years and I love it!
I did not fit to 42 st but it is a great building. Wishing you all the best of luck
ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforitnow View Post
What if your income is a little bit higher than what's on the brackets w/ a great credit score?
disqualified

Old 05-05-2016, 02:21 PM

6 posts, read 9,340 times
why????

Old 05-05-2016, 02:22 PM

72 posts, read 116,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith93 View Post
I've just received an email for the interview, I'm excited but nervous because of the credit score requirements ;/

That's what I worry about too....Good luck!!

Old 05-05-2016, 02:55 PM

47 posts, read 114,164 times
Quote:
why????
Your total income has to fall within the income bracket. It cant be a penny over or under. They will calculate your gross employment, a percentage of your assets, savings ect. to get a total income. Thats the rules. Thats why so many people dont qualify.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtwnwst View Post
Your total income has to fall within the income bracket. It cant be a penny over or under. They will calculate your gross employment, a percentage of your assets, savings ect. to get a total income. Thats the rules. Thats why so many people dont qualify.

What if your income is higher but you paying off loans tax free, and when you calculate the whole income subtracting the loans you paying, it falls within the brackets. Any input? it says income subject to change???

Old 05-05-2016, 04:35 PM

47 posts, read 114,164 times
Quote:
What if your income is higher but you paying off loans tax free, and when you calculate the whole income subtracting the loans you paying, it falls within the brackets. Any input? it says income subject to change???
Well your income is over the bracket so you would be disqualified. I dont think paying off loans has anything to do with your actual gross income nor is there a way to reduce your overall gross income. Does that make sense?

Old 05-06-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtwnwst View Post
Well your income is over the bracket so you would be disqualified. I dont think paying off loans has anything to do with your actual gross income nor is there a way to reduce your overall gross income. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your reply. What does **RENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***INCOME REQUIREMENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE mean????!!!!

Old 05-06-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. What does **RENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***INCOME REQUIREMENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE mean????!!!!
meaning they can change the rent or income requirement bracket at their discretion

Old 05-06-2016, 08:40 AM

4,773 posts, read 6,571,114 times
Well, it's not really at their discretion. If the official area median income goes up or down, the brackets and the rents will be adjusted accordingly. It's not up to individual landlords. (I'm not really sure what you mean by "they.")

To goforitnow, the only way you can deduct expenses from your income is if you're self-employed and get paid on 1099s. Then you would total your income and then deduct business expenses like overhead, office space, supplies, etc. I don't really know how loans would fit in with that scenario though.

Are you self-employed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery