Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 12:14 AM

205 posts, read 246,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The North East is very tribal. Even Caribbean immigrants don't mix that much with American blacks, and I believe even the various South Asian groups also remain quite distinct.

The fact of a critical mass of people in each tribe might encourage this.

It isn't just about white racism. In fact among whites there are also interesting phenomenon. The Westchester/Connecticut WASPs and assimilated Jews do NOT mix with the more "ethnic" Long Island whites.
You really do not know what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 12:15 AM

13 posts, read 10,713 times
I see.

I always had that feeling about the northeast, at least areas like New Jersey, NY, and Pennsylvania. Statistics have shown that of all the regions, interracial marriages are a lot less common there and in the midwest.

Now I just found it irritating how a lot of the northerners I run into here in Texas consistently point out that I am dating girls of other races as an Indian guy.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:19 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSopp77 View Post
if Lebron James has a child, the child isn't more likely to be an NBA player than average john smith? .

I am not aware that the kids of sports stars also become sports stars. The few who do are exposed to high levels of preparation, due to the fact that they have superior access to that which ensures their success.

NOT because they have some genetic trait.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
You really do not know what you are talking about.

And yet you don't provide us with your "learned" opinion.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:20 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
That is why I used the term AND, Mr. 130 IQ. And was used to note a separate statement and point. I suppose that if Lebron James has a child, the child isn't more likely to be an NBA player than average john smith? and that is if he had no contact with the child.. Hypothetically if he was just a "sperm donor".. Come on now, This is out of control. Everyone isn't created equal. Everyone is where they are for a reason in general, some people get dealt some bad cards in life in addition to bad cards from birth, and sometimes it is the other way around. Poor people are called "poor" instead of "cheap" for a reason. Ive never met an able bodied poor person in my life over 40 years old that I couldn't figure out on my own why this person is not making a good living. Whether they were a bit flow, a bit sloppy, a bit lazy, a bit unprofessional, attitude issues, etc.
Actually Lebron's son probably wouldn't have any more of a chance than anybody else that has the physical make up to play for the NBA.

How many children of NBA players have actually made it to the NBA themselves? This stat shouldn't be hard to find. Actually here...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iation_players

Not too many and the best known are White (the Barry's, Walton's, and Dunleavy's). lol I wouldn't have even though that.

You're not all there. What does cheap have to do with poor?

Old 10-11-2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Actually Lebron's son probably wouldn't have any more of a chance than anybody else that has the physical make up to play for the NBA.

How many children of NBA players have actually made it to the NBA themselves? This stat shouldn't be hard to find. Actually here...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iation_players

Not too many and the best known are White (the Barry's, Walton's, and Dunleavy's). lol I wouldn't have even though that.

If you read what this guy TSOP is writing carefully, you can detect that he is either not too educated, or too bright, and yet seems quite full of himself.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:26 AM

the fact that you lump together Wasp's and assimilated Jews, from "Westchester and CT" and compared them vs "Ethnic White's" in Long Island, shows your knowledge is of the metropolitan demographics is based on your borough, if even that, more likely just your neighborhood. The fact that you stated that Caribbean Immigrants do not mix much with Blacks?? Where in the United States besides New York are Blacks and hispanics more intertwined than New York? I am still laughing over the Assimilated Jews and Wasps and Ethnic White's comment, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2015, 12:30 AM

You are not too educated, not too bright yourself Mr. 130 IQ.. You folks are out of control you will stand with an umbrella and tell me it is not raining. I am quite surprised I didn't get the standard liberal with the blinder on " You're Ignorant" comment, So I will commend you on that.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post

And the chances of the Joe Blow making it to the NBA vs. The son of an NBA player regardless of race or height, or anything? Do you realize the World has a population of 6 billion people and the NBA has about 400 players? You liberals will tell yourself anything to make yourselves feel like everyone is actually created equal and genetics have nothing to do with anything.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:44 AM

457 posts, read 646,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
It seems to be a somewhat common opinion on here that NYC is segregated but I don't see how anyone can think that

Outside of Staten Island, most neighborhoods have sizeable populations of at least two (but usually more) racial/ethnic groups

And many neighborhoods are incredibly diverse
Flatbush Ave, in Brooklyn. It's like THE BERLIN WALL.

Plus how many places - anywhere, for that matter - do you see the races living together and intermarrying? New York thinks it's "integrated" but everywhere I went people seem to hold onto for dear life, that idea that every group "belongs on their own SIDE." As if, "it's fine to work together on Manhattan but then you go home to "your side" where you "belong." Crap like that was said to me by a Jewish guy who claims he LIKES me. I have to point out, over and over again, because he's fairly dense and stupid, that if HIS WAY was the way then we wouldn't have lived in the same HOSTEL and would have never MET. Duh. So much for "every" Jewish person having a brain, eh? (Fortunately, in spite of New York I don't buy into stereotypes!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City