Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 02:18 PM

186 posts, read 220,374 times

Advertisements

I am no fan of cops but here in this situation I would not charge this guy only because .. by getting out the car and walking up to the guy and start punching him in the face you instigated and escalated the entire thing.

At this point all this officer has to say was I was not sure what was going on and I feared for my life and his self defense claim is justified.

Now as someone stated if this was a civilian on civilian crime would I be saying self defense .. yes I would .. would that work in court though ..
Well we know the laws are different for cops and civilians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 10:05 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,673 times
It's a good thing I always reserve judgment until all the facts are established. Here the video clearly shows that the victim DID NOT punch the cop. I hate when one idiot gives the police force a bad name.

Video surfaces of NYPD cop’s road-rage shooting | New York Post

Old 07-08-2016, 10:58 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
It's a good thing I always reserve judgment until all the facts are established. Here the video clearly shows that the victim DID NOT punch the cop. I hate when one idiot gives the police force a bad name.

Video surfaces of NYPD cop’s road-rage shooting | New York Post
Thanks for sharing the news,I stated that the cop had a bad reputation the information was in the article a second witness a construction guy stated the cop point blank shot the guy. I hope that cop rots in jail or gets the death penalty the thug did not deserved to die like that. The cop is corrupt and evil.

And for the "CONTAMINATED COP" trying to smear my name calling me a racist god don't like ugly just remember what goes around comes around. You need to stay away from all my posting, or I'll be the one
to report you. You are harassing me this is the second time you've done this you are a cop not a civilian.

Last edited by beanniebaby7; 07-09-2016 at 12:15 AM..

Old 07-09-2016, 12:14 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,920,061 times
I predict more cop killing in the near future unfortunately.

Likely here in NYC.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:44 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,321,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I predict more cop killing in the near future unfortunately.

Likely here in NYC.
Within the past 48 hours there have been 3 other incidents aside from what happened in Dallas where cops have been shot at. They're not getting widespread media attention thought, I guess because cops are expected to be shot at.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:54 AM

916 posts, read 2,247,500 times
I thought Officer Wayne Isaacs was fully justified defending himself from the attacker Delrawn Small who
was supposedly punching the crap out him from a witness's account near by and he was fearing for his life.

Although the video was very bad quality but it doesn't seem like Delrawn Small got enough time to beat the
crap out of Officer Wayne Isaacs. And if Delrawn Small didn't attack Officer Wayne Isaacs like the original
story was told. Then that's cold blooded murder and he should go to jail a long time for it. Unless the video
was heavily edited to make it looks like it was a very short time.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:24 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,359,828 times
Cops wonder why very few trust them?

They lie like hell virtually all of the time. This is nothing new but the advent of social media has exposed (and continues to expose) the corruption that has always existed within police departments.

It's very dangerous to give small minded people power.Soldiers have more self control and restraint during battles. There is no reason cops shouldn't either.

I believe that the hiring processes need to be completely overhauled. They are hiring the wrong people.
If someone exhibits stress or fear under tense situations then they can't be a cop. Simple as that. Too many fearful individuals are cops.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:01 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,359,828 times
More cops lying. This is in regards to the Dallas shootings:

Quote:
Hughes, for his part, said police lied while interrogating him, telling him that witnesses said they saw him shoot the rifle and asking him why he wanted to shoot police officers.

"I just got out of the interrogation room for about 30 minutes with police officers lying, saying they had video of me shooting, which is a lie," Hughes told CBS 11 News on Thursday night, shortly after he was released.
Dallas police identify wrong suspect in shootings - Business Insider

Old 07-09-2016, 06:40 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Cops wonder why very few trust them?

They lie like hell virtually all of the time. This is nothing new but the advent of social media has exposed (and continues to expose) the corruption that has always existed within police departments.

It's very dangerous to give small minded people power.Soldiers have more self control and restraint during battles. There is no reason cops shouldn't either.

I believe that the hiring processes need to be completely overhauled. They are hiring the wrong people.
If someone exhibits stress or fear under tense situations then they can't be a cop. Simple as that. Too many fearful individuals are cops.
We have to trust them because in every profession you will have a few bad apples giving the others a bad reputation. The cops I know are honest, honorable & hard-working individuals. I refuse to paint an entire group with a broad brush. With that being said, I believe in accountability and taking responsibility for one's actions. It's clear from this video that the policeman's is clearly lying and should have the book thrown at him. I hope the attorney general's office can find the witness(es) in that other vehicle.

How would you improve the hiring? Honestly I don't think the hiring is the problem, rather it's the training. Policing is a difficult, dangerous and stressful job, and I feel like some are cracking too easily under pressure. They have to deal with the worst dregs of society and have become conditioned to treating certain groups with suspicion, indifference and/or excessive force.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:44 AM

8,697 posts, read 11,089,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
We have to trust them because in every profession you will have a few bad apples giving the others a bad reputation. The cops I know are honest, honorable & hard-working individuals. I refuse to paint an entire group with a broad brush. With that being said, I believe in accountability and taking responsibility for one's actions. It's clear from this video that the policeman's is clearly lying and should have the book thrown at him. I hope the attorney general's office can find the witness(es) in that other vehicle.

How would you improve the hiring? Honestly I don't think the hiring is the problem, rather it's the training. Policing is a difficult, dangerous and stressful job, and I feel like some are cracking too easily under pressure. They have to deal with the worst dregs of society and have become conditioned to treating certain groups with suspicion, indifference and/or excessive force.
excellent point. You can improve the hiring too. Raise the standard....weed out the crap. I support paying rookies more and better performance measures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City