Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 09:29 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times

Advertisements

I was just chillin' in the subway waiting for the A train and some black guy starts yelling in my direction "Cracker! You ****ing cracker! Did you say something to me!?"

I said, "uh, no." and then he said, "Good move.." and made a motion like he would have tried to throw me onto the tracks.

I let it go and kind of laughed because I would have destroyed this skinny ass dude if he tried anything. But isn't that racist? Should I report this? It this a hate crime?

Last edited by WhyRUMad; 07-19-2016 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 09:42 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
You're not going to get anything out of reporting this.

Unfortunately the best way to deal with racism is to do your best to just avoid it. This is why I usually try to avoid areas that are mostly black or have next to no whites in them, especially with someone like DeBlasio in office and all the conflicts going on across the country.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
You're not going to get anything out of reporting this.

Unfortunately the best way to deal with racism is to do your best to just avoid it. This is why I usually try to avoid areas that are mostly black or have next to no whites in them, especially with someone like DeBlasio in office and all the conflicts going on across the country.
But I live in Harlem and have for a long time. I love the area and I hardly ever have issues with race and have plenty of black and white friends. We all get along.

I feel like this has more to do with the recent events regarding police vs blacks.

But I will NOT put up with racism, black, white or other.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:47 PM

5,125 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Let's refrain from using the racist word too lightly bro so it won't lose its legal content...

Consider that "cracker" a joking label/nickname for a group of ppl so you would feel less offended about it...

Last week in the subway passage at TS, a white "cracker" and a black bro brushed elbows when passing each other either intentionally or not, then a fist fight ensued with the black bro dominating the whole game. Man, it was chilling to see the black/white standoff everywhere nowadays. Is obama the mastermind behind this ongoing chaos?

Old 07-19-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
But I live in Harlem and have for a long time. I love the area and I hardly ever have issues with race and have plenty of black and white friends. We all get along.

I feel like this has more to do with the recent events regarding police vs blacks.

But I will NOT put up with racism, black, white or other.
All I can say is expect more of it, especially in an area like Harlem where poorer blacks are slowly being displaced by wealthier residents, many of whom are white. Racism will never "go away" btw, that is a fact.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
All I can say is expect more of it, especially in an area like Harlem where poorer blacks are slowly being displaced by wealthier residents, many of whom are white. Racism will never "go away" btw, that is a fact.
Thanks Captain Obvious.

Good news is I called it in and they arrested the dude with an open container. They asked if I wanted to come in and give a statement, but F that, I actually have a life.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:08 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
I've been called every "white" name out there. Snowflake, Cracker, White B*tch, Honky, ect. I've never been pleased by it but I'm not gonna go firing back some word to them. Two wrongs don't make a right. Thats not who I am. I stand up for myself when need be but I also don't play stupid games. Think of it as ignorant people, don't stoop to their levels.
I do agree though its messed up.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I've been called every "white" name out there. Snowflake, Cracker, White B*tch, Honky, ect. I've never been pleased by it but I'm not gonna go firing back some word to them. Two wrongs don't make a right. Thats not who I am. I stand up for myself when need be but I also don't play stupid games. Think of it as ignorant people, don't stoop to their levels.
I do agree though its messed up.
Now that I think of it, most of this was probably from other girls? Girls are brutal.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Thanks Captain Obvious.

Good news is I called it in and they arrested the dude with an open container. They asked if I wanted to come in and give a statement, but F that, I actually have a life.
I thought you said you were going to "let it go".

Old 07-20-2016, 01:17 AM

269 posts, read 288,029 times
The guy was probably crazy or mentally ill. When I first moved to Brooklyn I was in Fort Greene park and I had a black guy screaming at me telling me to go back to my country & that my people are the reason he can't find a job. I'm half black so what he said didn't make any sense. I laughed it off and figured he was one of the many crazy nut jobs wandering around this city. Why get offended by what a crazy person says?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City