Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 11:02 AM

269 posts, read 288,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Imagine the races in this situation were reversed; then ask those questions...
I had an experience similar to this with a white guy who called me and my friend the N word while we were minding our own business walking down the street in the village. We are two females who did nothing to provoke this white man & we also did nothing to him after he called us a racial slur for no reason. We were smart enough to know this racist white man was obviously mentally ill because a normal white person would never behave this way in public.

I definitely didn't think to log on to CityData afterwards to make a thread about it because it's not that serious and I'm not that sensitive. We laughed about it and still enjoyed our day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I can tell you one thing I definitely am not: a person who concerns myself with what others think of me.

I've been watching the agenda unfold for years. It's proceeding as planned because too many are ashamed to voice their concerns. That's not me and never will be. More than likely we wouldn't get along in person anyway, so why would what either of us thinks of the other matter?
Yeah, overly paranoid people are super uptight and don't know how to have fun. So of course we wouldn't get along. Keep hiding in your basement with your guns and ammo waiting for a civil war that's never going to happen while life passes you by.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:29 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,376 times
You should have called him the "N" word, then you would have been even. But if the guy is crazy enough he might have tossed you in the tracks. Or maybe the both of you guys would have skipped to the neighborhood bodega store so you can buy him two loosie cigarettes one for the other ear the other to smoke at the time. Oh! and don't forget to buy him that famous New York City.... "Buttaroll." If you know what I mean...

Old 07-22-2016, 11:49 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,371,330 times
Anyone telling this guy to throw a racial slur because some crazy guy called him a racial slur is giving bad advice.

If he would have said that and there were other people around to hear it, he may have more trouble on his hands than he originally signed up for. So that is problem 1. Second problem is, why is a sane person getting this bent out of shape over what someone who obviously isn't sane called him? Unless both of them aren't.....nvm

Old 07-22-2016, 11:54 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,345 times
I found it more odd that he used this derogatory term and no one finds it weird, even Wikipedia says this term is used in the South which is what I always thought, almost like someone calling Soda... pop in a Bodega? That would tell you something to not even pay attention, this guy is mental.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
You should have called him the "N" word, then you would have been even. But if the guy is crazy enough he might have tossed you in the tracks. Or maybe the both of you guys would have skipped to the neighborhood bodega store so you can buy him two loosie cigarettes one for the other ear the other to smoke at the time. Oh! and don't forget to buy him that famous New York City.... "Buttaroll." If you know what I mean...
I don't like the N Word so I don't use it. We were on the sidewalk and we are not gonna argue with a nut job. We are two sane people who are smarter than that. Lol we were on our way to get drinks and Caribbean food, he was standing on the street alone, angry and probably frustrated with his life. We still had a great day!

Old 07-22-2016, 12:01 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,573 times
That's why it's best to carry at least a flashbang in your bag. Just in case a overly aggressive humanoid approaches you, you flashbang them, disorient them, and you go on your merry way.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:04 PM

91 posts, read 109,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I was just chillin' in the subway waiting for the A train and some black guy starts yelling in my direction "Cracker! You ****ing cracker! Did you say something to me!?"

I said, "uh, no." and then he said, "Good move.." and made a motion like he would have tried to throw me onto the tracks.

I let it go and kind of laughed because I would have destroyed this skinny ass dude if he tried anything. But isn't that racist? Should I report this? It this a hate crime?
yes and please do report it too many "crackers" fail to report it for whatever reason and just let it go report lets show it works both ways

Old 07-22-2016, 12:19 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
Yeah, overly paranoid people are super uptight and don't know how to have fun. So of course we wouldn't get along. Keep hiding in your basement with your guns and ammo waiting for a civil war that's never going to happen while life passes you by.
On the contrary I'll be partying on the beach at Martell's in Pt. Pleasant Monday. If you're good looking you're welcome to join. My group is always racially mixed, but with normal people, not flaming libs who find racism in everything.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:20 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
That's why it's best to carry at least a flashbang in your bag. Just in case a overly aggressive humanoid approaches you, you flashbang them, disorient them, and you go on your merry way.
Damn. Even I don't have any flash bangs! I have to add that to my kit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City