Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 09:06 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
If your group is racially mixed, what race war are you going to be fighting exactly? And will you use that ammo on members of your group if they aren't your "race" when this so called 'race war' begins?
The one the media and the democrats are trying to start. Those of us who train in the martial arts (that doesn't mean karate, FYI), do not randomly shoot people. We address threats when necessary. I'll shoot anyone who is a threat to me or my family, no matter their race, intentions, whether they were previously friendly, etc. You only have one life to live. It would serve you well to develop a similar mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:06 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,776,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
many white supremacists hang out on CD and waste no time in engaging in their bigotry. This always consists of taken the 25% of the black population who are trapped in assorted social pathologies as if they represented 100% of the population.

And you are correct. Many of the same behaviors that blacks have been accused of increasingly typify poor white communities. In fact in parts of the Appalachia 40% of the kids are being raised by their grandparents because their parents are incarcerated in a variety of drug and petty crime related issues.

But the white bigots will never mention that.

Quote:
Oh yeah. I see a lot of racist comments on CityData. Funny how they pretend not to be racist even after they've said something racist. And the ones who have bad experiences with mentally ill black people around the city blame ALL black people or people of color for the actions of some crazies. Not many smart people on here. They seem to be very antisocial but pretend to be tough online. They would never say these things out loud to a person of color.
These two posts sum up perfectly what ive read on here for years.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:08 PM

57 posts, read 61,019 times
Oh man up and stop looking for ways to be offended by mentally ill, deranged people. Go on about your day.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:27 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I was just chillin' in the subway waiting for the A train and some black guy starts yelling in my direction "Cracker! You ****ing cracker! Did you say something to me!?"

I said, "uh, no." and then he said, "Good move.." and made a motion like he would have tried to throw me onto the tracks.

I let it go and kind of laughed because I would have destroyed this skinny ass dude if he tried anything. But isn't that racist? Should I report this? It this a hate crime?
1. Looks like one of the 8 million stories of mental cases in the bright lights of the big city!

2. If he's been seen harassing others, definitely report it, and let the cops and DA determine whether it's a hate crime.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:51 PM

811 posts, read 551,021 times
Racist, yes. But it really is just name calling.

Tell me what black people as a whole have done to whites collectively that have been racist? There isn't much, if not anything.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:01 PM

269 posts, read 288,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Racist, yes. But it really is just name calling.

Tell me what black people as a whole have done to whites collectively that have been racist? There isn't much, if not anything.
Nobody will reply to your question because racism by blacks towards whites has never happened. Blacks have never prevented whites from voting or getting a job. There's been no housing discrimination against whites by blacks, nothing. Black people can be prejudiced yes. Racist, I don't think so.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:17 AM

379 posts, read 255,386 times
Ah, poor baby, realized there are some people in this world who don't like him. So sad.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:04 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,320,015 times
Quote:
Nobody will reply to your question because racism by blacks towards whites has never happened. Blacks have never prevented whites from voting or getting a job. There's been no housing discrimination against whites by blacks, nothing. Black people can be prejudiced yes. Racist, I don't think so.
Some black people are definitely racist against Asians and Hispanics though.

How do you know that there has never been housing discrimination by blacks against whites?

Old 07-23-2016, 07:13 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,603 times
Quote:
Maybe not institutional racism, but individual racism is alive and well in black Americans. The dictionary describes racist as"a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another." Remember the movie, ' White men can't jump'? Sounds pretty racist to me. The belief that blacks cannot be racist is just a cop out.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:31 AM

811 posts, read 551,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Maybe not institutional racism, but individual racism is alive and well in black Americans. The dictionary describes racist as"a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another." Remember the movie, ' White men can't jump'? Sounds pretty racist to me. The belief that blacks cannot be racist is just a cop out.
I agree with you. That idea that blacks can't be racist is a cop out and it's BS. I say it all the time to family and friends. And just like another poster said, blacks when I've lived in the hood have been racist to Asians too (and vice versa) so the idea that only whites can be racist is foolish.

However, it's still sort of a miniscule thing to compare some name-calling that can be brushed off to the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City