Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 01:28 PM

269 posts, read 288,075 times

Advertisements

Your username is funny. WhyRUMad about a mentally ill person calling you names? They are mentally ill! Then you have the nerve to blame it on racism by blacks against whites because he called you a cracker. You're wayyyyy too sensitive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 01:31 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,873,289 times
Can we say cracker but not ******? How bout *****r?

Old 07-21-2016, 01:31 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
homeless are homeless not clueless, smh

They hang out at the shelters or street corners and they see what's going on. They see the newspaper headlines and listen to people complaining
There was a sadly hilarious article a few years ago when the city was doing its annual homeless count. The people in one of the groups were new to it, and they spied a guy that they thought might be homeless but weren't sure. Finally, the homeless guy yelled over to them, "yeah, I'm homeless. Come on over and ask your questions. I know what you're doing, I read three newspapers a day."

Old 07-21-2016, 01:32 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
Your username is funny. WhyRUMad about a mentally ill person calling you names? They are mentally ill! Then you have the nerve to blame it on racism by blacks against whites because he called you a cracker. You're wayyyyy too sensitive!
That guy was NOT mentally ill. He was well dressed and groomed. He was just mad about something. Maybe his girlfriend dumped him for a white guy. No idea.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:48 PM

223 posts, read 256,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
That guy was NOT mentally ill. He was well dressed and groomed. He was just mad about something. Maybe his girlfriend dumped him for a white guy. No idea.
You can't judge someones mental illness based on their appearance. It's quite possible he was. You live in Harlem - I am not surprised. I am Black and I can't count the times I've been called a "****" for being a Latina. But eh, that's life.

Was he racist? Who knows but he sure meant it in a derogatory nature. Is it that important? NO.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:03 PM

269 posts, read 288,075 times
Quote:
Mentally ill people can dress nice too. You can't see mental illness based on clothes. Anyway people say crazy **** to me all the damn time, sometimes it's racial, sometimes it's sexist and sometimes it's neither. Don't you know how to ignore idiots? Especially if they aren't trying to physically hurt you. Keep going about your business and stop being so sensitive. Also stop making race baiting threads online just because you got your feelings hurt by some crazy guy.

And I believe all racist people are mentally ill. Racism is a disease.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:05 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,371,330 times
Quote:
I was just chillin' in the subway waiting for the A train and some black guy starts yelling in my direction "Cracker! You ****ing cracker! Did you say something to me!?"

I said, "uh, no." and then he said, "Good move.." and made a motion like he would have tried to throw me onto the tracks.

I let it go and kind of laughed because I would have destroyed this skinny ass dude if he tried anything. But isn't that racist? Should I report this? It this a hate crime?
Going to go out on a limb here and say there had to be some mental health issues at play.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:53 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,315 times
Quote:
I was just chillin' in the subway waiting for the A train and some black guy starts yelling in my direction "Cracker! You ****ing cracker! Did you say something to me!?"

I said, "uh, no." and then he said, "Good move.." and made a motion like he would have tried to throw me onto the tracks.

I let it go and kind of laughed because I would have destroyed this skinny ass dude if he tried anything. But isn't that racist? Should I report this? It this a hate crime?
Under our current administration, no negative, punitive or criminal actions or speech committed or used against a caucasian person, or person of caucasian appearance will be classified as Racist.

...if you're a homosexual you can at least use the Hate Crime Defense...

However, read up very well on Section 35 of the New York Penal Code, even in this state you would have been well within your rights to hurt him in the face of his "imminent use of unlawful force". Someone gesturing to push you on tracks is as deadly (and actually more gruesome) than brandishing a gun. Yet I repeat, you can't claim racism if you're white; that's life.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:07 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,860 times
Good thing he didn.t mutter "Cracka-ass Craga" cuz them's fightin' words.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:06 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,376 times
Quote:
since you mentioned it, the guy who called me a cracker, had a cigarette behind his ear...
Lol....Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City