Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 11:18 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,488,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHaller73 View Post
the mass majority of asian immigration was from the 70's. i'm not saying there wasn't racism towards asian immigrants, sure there has been. my point if you people read correctly is that they have managed to move into the middle class faster than any other ethnic group and that's mostly because of their work ethic, intelligence, and moral compass. asian americans are by far the lowest criminal group in the country. the other more important point was that blacks and hispanics resent that mobility and have a perception that asians were never hazed, as their own communities have been here for generations and stagnant. the liberal brainwashing into the black and hispanic community creates this divisive feeling that asians get a lucky break while they're stuck in the mud. i'm speaking from the point of view of them, not me.
How many blacks and Hispanics have you actually talked to about this? I'm pretty sure most don't resent Asians for mobilizing, if anything they just don't like the Asians who think other minorities are beneath them. And those types of Asians are in the minority and tend to be immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 11:25 AM

491 posts, read 375,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
How many blacks and Hispanics have you actually talked to about this? I'm pretty sure most don't resent Asians for mobilizing, if anything they just don't like the Asians who think other minorities are beneath them. And those types of Asians are in the minority and tend to be immigrants.
i was born in the bronx, near 50% black/hispanic neighborhoods, moved to yorkville manhattan as a young teen, surrounded by blacks and hispanics, went to school at upenn, surrounded by black neighborhoods. while i was there, a public school shut down because all the chinese students refused to go to school because of bullying and harassment by black students.

sure, they don't like asians for a myriad of other reasons, but racism is nearly always about economics.

back in the day, blacks used to raid korean grocery and liquor stores, because the owners were seen driving mercedes benz to work, and accused of polluting the neighborhoods with alcohol and beer. their resentment stems from how these koreans were making loot off the black communities. this sentiment is still very alive as asians have progressed to other areas of industry. they have this racist perception that asians go around manipulating and stealing wealth by kissing up to the white man. i've also heard blacks and hispanics refer to koreans as the asian jews.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
i was born in the bronx, near 50% black/hispanic neighborhoods, moved to yorkville manhattan as a young teen, surrounded by blacks and hispanics, went to school at upenn, surrounded by black neighborhoods. while i was there, a public school shut down because all the chinese students refused to go to school because of bullying and harassment by black students.

sure, they don't like asians for a myriad of other reasons, but racism is nearly always about economics.

back in the day, blacks used to raid korean grocery and liquor stores, because the owners were seen driving mercedes benz to work, and accused of polluting the neighborhoods with alcohol and beer. their resentment stems from how these koreans were making loot off the black communities. this sentiment is still very alive as asians have progressed to other areas of industry. they have this racist perception that asians go around manipulating and stealing wealth by kissing up to the white man. i've also heard blacks and hispanics refer to koreans as the asian jews.
That sound like a mentality a very low class black person person might have, but overall I don't see the same kind of tension today. I even see a decent amount of black guys dating Asian women.

Also since you mention Philly, Cambodians and Vietnamese are Asian and they get along well with blacks there and in general.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:19 PM

491 posts, read 375,834 times
Quote:
That sound like a mentality a very low class black person person might have, but overall I don't see the same kind of tension today. I even see a decent amount of black guys dating Asian women.

Also since you mention Philly, Cambodians and Vietnamese are Asian and they get along well with blacks there and in general.
you are totally clueless. philadelphia was and remains the most racist place on earth. as a white student, i used to be called beach n*gger, cracker, cok asian, honky, peckerwood, nazi almost every day. you don't see it, because you've never walked outside a gentrified neighborhood in your entire life. i bet you also believe your master barack obama who denies violent crimes are rising.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
you are totally clueless. philadelphia was and remains the most racist place on earth. as a white student, i used to be called beach n*gger, cracker, cok asian, honky, peckerwood, nazi almost every day, as i lived off campus. you don't see it, because you've never walked outside a gentrified neighborhood in your entire life. i bet you also believe your master barack obama who denies violent crimes are rising.
I've never walked outside of a gentrified neighborhood? I've been to places you wouldn't take your dog.

Also, all I was saying was that Cambodians and blacks get along well in Philly.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:35 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,049,373 times
Quote:
You obviously are oblivious growing up in LI on hate towards Asians by other minorities. Growing up by the Bushwick border it was chino this chino that, and every Asian racial slur that starts with C you can think of starting around 3rd/4th grade. Of course as the newly immigrated group and extremely poor I guess that was expected in the 80s/90s. I recall white kids were even made fun of for being too white though I don't think it bothered them too much and they weren't targeted for muggings and etc like Asians. But my my how times have changed in only 20 years.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 07-24-2016 at 12:49 PM..

Old 07-24-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
You obviously are oblivious growing up in LI on hate towards Asians by other minorities. Growing up by the Bushwick border it was chino this chino that, and every Asian racial slur that starts with C you can think of starting around 3rd/4th grade. Of course as the newly immigrated group and extremely poor I guess that was expected in the 80s/90s. I recall white kids were even made fun of for being too white though I don't think it bothered them too much and they weren't targeted for muggings and etc like Asians. But my my how times have changed in only 20 years.
Like you said, things have changed

Old 07-24-2016, 01:15 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,049,373 times
Quote:
Like you said, things have changed
Yep I grew up got a decent job and can move away from that crap. Meanwhile white transplants are cleaning house where I grew up paying $2k+ for rent while my mom paid $500 in the 80s/90s. And nowadays it's bi**ching about too many Asians that are all rich and have some unfair advantage in top schools and over representation in good jobs/schools. Next they'll do a racial quota on the international math olympia team if that becomes too popular and prestigious. But no way in hell US would win.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 07-24-2016 at 01:23 PM..

Old 07-24-2016, 06:25 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
I've occasionally come across knuckleheads up there who want to start in with the racist stuff. Back when I was driving taxi it seems like that was their green light to call me a cracker, white n*gger, or whatever, whereas just walking around on my own outside of the taxi context they don't usually try me with that.

My theory is they're good at spotting targets they can pick on and if they see you driving a bright yellow taxi cab they know you're probably not anybody they should be scared of, and if you do threaten or start chit with them they can easily report the car number to TLC and claim "wacism". My favorite guy was a well dressed black man who stuck his hand out one night in 125th St and proceeded to cuss me out about how they didn't want yellow cabs in Harlem and to get the eff out of here. Oh the guys at the garage later laughed their asses off at that one when I was like "man, some black guy got pissed that I stopped for him!! ROFL!"

Old 07-24-2016, 08:27 PM

769 posts, read 1,015,385 times
Quote:

thats pretty racist of all of those koreans making all that money.

they should have at least given free 40's out to people of color since they were so wealthy, they could afford it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City