Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:48 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,411,618 times

Advertisements

keep complaining and crying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 04:07 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,302,758 times
Throw a lot of cayenne pepper where he poops. I heard that is a deterent.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:12 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,141 times
YOU go and take a giant Taco Bell inspired dump outside where they live and leave it there. Granted it's impossible these days to do anything on the streets without being recorded, but maybe wear a hoodie or a mask in the middle of the night? Flash a sign as you are taking your human dump, in big block letters though, stating WHY you are doing it. It will help if you get caught and they use video surveillance against you. I lived in a neighborhood once, where TWICE, i was told that only "f@gg0tz" pick up dog **** when I was cleaning up after my dog. I eventually moved out of that ****ty neighborhood.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:26 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,713,088 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...l#post46061917

Old 01-05-2017, 02:48 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,903,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viventi View Post
It might be worth noting that these are tenants of this house, is there a way I can find out who their landlord is and talk to them?
If you catch these people sneaking onto the subway, or cheating on their taxes, will you also report that to their landlord?

Why do you imagine that landlords are responsible for policing every moment of a tenant's life?

These tenants allow their dog to poop on a city sidewalk. Not the landlord's property. The landlord has no authority or jurisdiction over what their tenants do on city property, or at their employer's property, or at the local MacDonald's.

Sorry, this is not the landlord's problem or responsibility.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:34 PM

446 posts, read 998,043 times
If it were me I'd just move it right in front of their house but be careful. Disrespectful neighbors tend to be angry people in general and can get very spiteful even when you politely make a reasonable request. So don't find yourself in a dangerous situation. I've had neighbors make violent threats and even cut my phone/cable line before over simple requests (like stop stealing my cable or turn the music down after 5am) and after that I just stopped trying to engage with certain types of neighbors. You'll find out who they are quickly, they do things just to DARE someone to react to them.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:35 PM

61 posts, read 104,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
If you catch these people sneaking onto the subway, or cheating on their taxes, will you also report that to their landlord?

Why do you imagine that landlords are responsible for policing every moment of a tenant's life?

These tenants allow their dog to poop on a city sidewalk. Not the landlord's property. The landlord has no authority or jurisdiction over what their tenants do on city property, or at their employer's property, or at the local MacDonald's.

Sorry, this is not the landlord's problem or responsibility.
You comparison is quite silly...especially since doing taxes/skipping turnstiles has nothing to do with them living on the landlords property. Not picking up dog s*** does. Especially since they have let their dog s*** on MY driveway and other neighbors as well. You sound like someone who's had their landlord called for things you've done, or haven't done...

If they want to be in good standing with the rest of the block then it is their problem. It's THEIR tenant. Our parents are landlords of two properties in the area and you can bet your ass that they'd be getting a call about a tenant of ours not picking up after their dog.

Thanks for your useless input though.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:37 PM

61 posts, read 104,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecbee View Post
If it were me I'd just move it right in front of their house but be careful. Disrespectful neighbors tend to be angry people in general and can get very spiteful even when you politely make a reasonable request. So don't find yourself in a dangerous situation. I've had neighbors make violent threats and even cut my phone/cable line before over simple requests (like stop stealing my cable or turn the music down after 5am) and after that I just stopped trying to engage with certain types of neighbors. You'll find out who they are quickly, they do things just to DARE someone to react to them.

Yeah I hear you. Really not trying to get into a back and forth war of spite because of dog poop lol. I'm just tired of having to play hopscotch to avoid stepping in it.

I'm not the only one with the issue. That's the problem. Many neighbors on our block have a problem with these people.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:50 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,730,041 times
OP should be happy there are only dog crap.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:02 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,246,041 times
You can try to file a complaint since you have pics or video as proof and not curbing after your dog is illegal. Maybe slip this under their door lol

DSNY - About - Dog laws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: