Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 10:16 AM

61 posts, read 104,562 times

Advertisements

So this is one of my biggest pet peeves. I live on a really nice block in Bensonhurst and there's been a lot of people coming into the area lately thatre just making the place look like utter garbage with trash everywhere...that's a whole 'nother story though.

I need some advice on what to do about a neighbor who doesn't pick up after their dog. The worst part is it's a whole family who does it. Not just one person who takes the dog out. They leave poop out on the sidewalk EVERY SINGLE TIME they take their dog out. The last straw was this morning when my boyfriend stepped in said dog crap when we were getting into our car. We have cameras in front of our house so we'll review the footage when we get home later.

We've confronted them about this several times, even while in the act. And they STILL don't pick it up.

What the heck can we do about this?? I'm at a loss.

Edit: it might be worth noting that these people are tenants of the house. Is there a way I can figure out who their landlord is and talk to them about this?

Last edited by viventi; 01-04-2017 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 10:19 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Just pick it up.
Get yourself a supply of bags, pick up the poo-poo and put it where it should go.

Or you could start WW III over it.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:20 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
So they do it in front of your house but not theirs?

Old 01-04-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Just pick it up.
Get yourself a supply of bags, pick up the poo-poo and put it where it should go.

How long are you willing to keep on doing that though?

And why should the OP have to pick up after somebody's else dog?

Old 01-04-2017, 10:23 AM

Take your video and get the story out on the local news or social media and maybe the attention will shame them into changing their behavior.

8,079 posts, read 10,071,862 times
One of the best remedies is to deposit said excrement on their sidewalk where they are mostly likely to step in it. That usually pisses them off enough that they start to clean up.

I had a similar problem in a neighborhood setting. Dogs pooping on my lawn. I just helped it back into the street and waited for the offending party, usually at nigh when they don't think anyone will see them (and they don't see what they are stepping in), to mosey along and get a good squish of it on their shoes/sneaker treads. They REALLY hate it when they step in it and have to walk home, thus getting it really packed into the treads on their shoes.

No amount of polite conversation will stop it. Fight fire, politely, with fire.

Then there is slipping a couple of logs in their mail box, or coating the door handle with a juicy fresh tootsie roll, but that is taking it to a whole new level.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
So they do it in front of your house but not theirs?
They do it everywhere. It's been in front of our house several times though. They live two houses down so it's not like they're going very far from their house.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Just pick it up.

Please explain to me why I should have to pick up after their dog? I pick up after my 85 pound retriever. That's enough handling of s*** for me, thanks.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:27 AM

50,246 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
One of the best remedies is to deposit said excrement on their sidewalk where they are mostly likely to step in it. That usually pisses them off enough that they start to clean up.

I had a similar problem in a neighborhood setting. Dogs pooping on my lawn. I just helped it back into the street and waited for the offending party, usually at nigh when they don't think anyone will see them (and they don't see what they are stepping in), to mosey along and get a good squish of it on their shoes/sneaker treads. They REALLY hate it when they step in it and have to walk home, thus getting it really packed into the treads on their shoes.

No amount of polite conversation will stop it. Fight fire, politely, with fire.

Then there is slipping a couple of logs in their mail box, or coating the door handle with a juicy fresh tootsie roll, but that is taking it to a whole new level.....
Don't do mailbox, federal offense but piling in front of their door works. We had the same issue with some bimbo who refused to pick up so we saved up a bunch and put it under her doormat. About a week later she had a new doormat. No more dog cr*p. People that don't pick up are the lowest form of life on the planet.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:27 AM

It might be worth noting that these are tenants of this house, is there a way I can find out who their landlord is and talk to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: