Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 12:56 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
But what makes you think you have the power to decide who spits hate or not? Is it illegal to say hateful things? If so, who decides on what is hateful or not? Seems like you have a bit of a God complex.

I have seen people sport t-shirts with Stalin's face printed on it. A mass murderer who killed almost 100 million people. I think that is hateful to the Russians and Ukrainians who died and suffered, but I don't physically assault them for it. This is why we have a justice system. If you think someone is breaking the law, call the Police and let them handle it.
God complex?

Lawd, what is hateful? I mean do you want the Webster dictionary definition or the common sense definition?

I realize it's easy for certain people to ignore hate, I mean it doesn't or never did really effect their lives negatively. For others it's kind of a big deal (shrugs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The justice system didn't fail black people. IT was the US internal economic system that failed black people in this country. As an Employer, would you hire a black man that never been arrested? Or would you hire a black man like Eric Garner who have been arrested 42 times with a stint in prison? As an employer, I would prefer to a hire a black man that never been arrested, and never been to prison. Better economic fairness and transparency needs to be created to help black Americans. Employers denying someone because they live in a certain neighborhood, or because they have a non Anglo Saxon Pro Black name are some of the reasons why Employers wont hire black people, and the list goes on. Once you don't have a job, it is easy to slip up and fall in the justice system, this is very common for black men and even opioid white men a like.

And I hope you know that those KKK members, and those police who sprayed water hoes and attack dogs on blacks were Democrats and some are still probably are will into the 1990s during the end of the switch of political platforms. Peaceful protest lead by King won over the country, if not the world, and showed how bitter America was to its black population. Last I did not compare BLM to KKK, I just said both groups are divisive and serve no place in this country. We as a people must work together collectively. Too many Americans these days left and right are just one sided with unprecedented division. I'm no fan of Trump myself, but at the end of the day we must work together, and also we must learn how to forgive one another. if we don't things will never be fixed. I'm about all lives matter. I just find it odd that now folks think Cops use too much force thanks to an officer arresting a white female Nurse in Utah, while this has been happening to blacks for decades.

Contrary to what republicans believe, black people know the white dems aren't necessarily our friends (white peoples in general don't have our best interest at heart never did), But their platform is a little less racist than the republican platform and base. So it's basically you get in where you fit in or else I'm sure the black community would be even more worse than it is now if we didn't vote.

You seem knowledgeable more so than most people on here. Have you watched the 13th is about the war on drugs and mass incarceration. It's a stark contrast from how our government is treating the opiod epidemic.

So what do you think is the right way for black Americans to protest inequality? It seems many people have this rainbow and butterflies view of the civil rights movement, that was about a 100 years in motion. Why must the oppress always be the bigger person? Sometimes it's just about what right is right and wrong is wrong. Yet people can't see the clouds above the trees because GASP racism still exist

Old 10-11-2017, 01:06 PM

88 posts, read 61,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
God complex?

Lawd, what is hateful? I mean do you want the Webster dictionary definition or the common sense definition?

I realize it's easy for certain people to ignore hate, I mean it doesn't or never did really effect their lives negatively. For others it's kind of a big deal (shrugs)
Hate is not illegal and regardless of that you don't have the authority to decide what constitutes hate and not. That was my point. I am sure you do and say some hateful things as well, perhaps not in your mind, but in someone else's. Are you fine with them assaulting you once that happens?

Technically I could say that since you believe it is fine to physically attack people who are hateful, that is a form of hate in itself. Maybe I should give you a beating if I ever saw you on the street. You should be fine with that, no? Because I would just do what you actually think is OK in general.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Hate is not illegal and regardless of that you don't have the authority to decide what constitutes hate and not. That was my point. I am sure you do and say some hateful things as well, perhaps not in your mind, but in someone else's. Are you fine with them assaulting you once that happens?

Technically I could say that since you believe it is fine to physically attack people who are hateful, that is a form of hate in itself. Maybe I should give you a beating if I ever saw you on the street. You should be fine with that, no?
Sometimes I just wonder how people can be so obtuse in order to not be in reality

Racism has no place in society, it's been a factor for way too long and I'm not into normalizing it. You can of course and that's your right but just be ready to deal with the consequences.

This is not 1954 and I know trump has some people fooled but we aren't going backwards. Talk to me a certain way, but don't be surprised to get punched in the face

Old 10-11-2017, 01:15 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,229,843 times
Guyana... speaks English (officially), not too many Muslims, has a motto of "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Schicksal"... I don't think those are the immigrants the right is objecting to.

(OK, the motto is NOT actually in German)

Old 10-11-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I just wonder how people can be so obtuse in order to not be in reality

Racism has no place in society, it's been a factor for way too long and I'm not into normalizing it. You can of course and that's your right but just be ready to deal with the consequences.

This is not 1954 and I know trump has some people fooled but we aren't going backwards. Talk to me a certain way, but don't be surprised to get punched in the face
And you should be rightfully imprisoned for it, once or if it ever happened.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
And you should be rightfully imprisoned for it, once or if it ever happened.
Hey all I have to say is I feared for my life against a racist using hate speech. It's no different than a man being aggressive against a woman without touching her and being fearful of her life. Hate speech is violence

Old 10-11-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Hey all I have to say is I feared for my life against a racist using hate speech. It's no different than a man being aggressive against a woman without touching her and being fearful of her life. Hate speech is violence
No, hate speech is not violence. So the next time I see someone with a Che Guevara or Stalin shirt in the subway I should attack them because I fear communism and the hundreds of millions of people it killed? I doubt a judge would let me off with that explanation.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:45 PM

89 posts, read 75,034 times
If a 'white' would physically assault a "Black Israelite" (the folks who dress in colorful robes, and preach vociferously about how the White Man is innately evil), would that 'white' be a racist?

Old 10-11-2017, 01:52 PM

375 posts, read 323,963 times
Quote:
No, hate speech is not violence. So the next time I see someone with a Che Guevara or Stalin shirt in the subway I should attack them because I fear communism and the hundreds of millions of people it killed? I doubt a judge would let me off with that explanation.
I'm sorry to step in here but you're not making a good point.

Someone wearing a shirt with stalin or Guevara is not equivalent to hate speech.

Also, I'm pretty sure if you stepped out in public wearing a Swastika on your shirt you'd either get beaten up and/or thrown in jail! No doubt about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City