Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 07:47 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times

Advertisements

Who the hell leaves a bucket with gold bars in it unattended on the back of a truck in the middle of a city? That part alone requires you suspend disbelief. And then nobody notices this guy obviously stealing it and awkwardly waddling off with it? Haha.

Yeah she screwed him. The gold is gone and I’m sure somebody collected an insurance payout on it. The cash is tricky. Seems like all she would have to do is deny it if anybody came around asking about it.

Last edited by UrbanAdventurer; 02-07-2018 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 08:00 PM

31,919 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Who the hell leaves a bucket with gold bars in it unattended on the back of a truck in the middle of a city? That part alone requires you suspend disbelief. And then nobody notices this guy obviously stealing it and awkwardly waddling off with it? Haha.

Yeah she screwed him. The gold is gone and I’m sure somebody collected an insurance payout on it. The cash is tricky. Seems like all she would have to do is deny it if anybody came around asking about it.
IIRC the two armored car drivers were terminated afterwards for their carelessness.

As for the rest, this is New York City baby! Many people see what they want and or otherwise mind their own business.

Now you *could* stop someone climbing onto a delivery truck and helping himself, but then if he and or maybe one of his friends bust out with a Glock, what you going to do then?

Old 02-07-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post

As for that female, her *husband* and others, all Senor N. has to do is start naming names/giving up information. All can be charged as accessories to a crime and in particular receipt of stolen goods. That some kind of Latina is screwed because she cannot really do much with such large sums of money. It cannot be deposited unless broken down into *very* small amounts and scattered among various banks. Even then it is likely if Senor N. has given names financial institutions and or federal government have them on a list.

If caught with large sums of cash that cannot be accounted for LE's first threat is to call in the IRS, they take a keen interest in such things. No, you don't have to tell LE a GD thing about where you "found" such money, but the IRS can slap your happy behind with a lien and or otherwise make your life a misery. This includes charges and or even jail time for tax evasion.

If Senor N. didn't have the balls to finesse that much money out of the country, neither will the Latina and or others. By now just as with the guy who stole the gold everyone knows about that money and those in a position to assist will want their taste. Just like the Russians who used their nursing home as a front to launder money for Tony Soprano and others. Everybody knows what they are doing is illegal and risks involved, thus certain people are going to want their take off the top to cover "expenses".

Old 02-07-2018, 09:22 PM

15,864 posts, read 14,491,391 times
Um, I hate to break it to you. There IS an extradition treaty between the US and Brazil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Wow. I almost got away with it. I know if I was to do something like that. I'd go to Guyana and than cross the Border to safety in Brazil. No extradition between us and Brazil.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:25 PM

15,864 posts, read 14,491,391 times
I haven't worked out the specifics yet, but I bet Bitcoin could be useful in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Unless you know someone with a freighter or something, there was no way you're getting to Guyana with a million big ones stashed on your person. Even the egit Nivelo wasn't brave enough to "walk" across the border and make his way back to Ecuador with nearly a million in cash on his person.

Second problem is the one facing Senor Nivelo now; people know about his crime and widely believe he has all that money. So you're in some hovel of a country (Guyana or Brazil) where crime and more importantly corruption of LE is rampant, and you think you're just going to roll up with stolen millions and not give anyone a taste?

Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Um, I hate to break it to you. There IS an extradition treaty between the US and Brazil.
Never mind. Just hope on a flight to close Guyanese ally named Cuba.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:50 PM

Anyone care to lay odds on Senor N. showing up again in the USA?

Can't see how machismo would allow for this wannabe thug to be made a fool of.

He's done the jail time, is being haunted by locals who widely assume he *does* have large sums of money, and worse the "love of his life" is shacking up with some other guy who is likely spending that money.

Do I smell a telenovela out of all this? Someone get me Telemundo on the line, I've got a story to pitch...... *LOL*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City