Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 05:46 PM

47 posts, read 123,213 times

Advertisements

I guess we will have to wait for the (NORs) letter in the mail .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 06:47 PM

80 posts, read 199,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afall1403 View Post
Question: guys what if you pass the written part but fail the typing part of the exam
If this is the case for anyone, it means that your name will NOT be on the candidates list.

To be eligible to get on that list you must have passed BOTH the multiple choice and typing portions.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie143 View Post
I guess we will have to wait for the (NORs) letter in the mail .
You can found out those details by calling the 212 number as that is the official word as to whether you passed BOTH portions (multiple choice and typing) and are on the candidates list.

It will also inform you of you list number and your score on the multiple choice part of the exam.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:53 PM

I also wanted to say that I did get the same email, but it does say (in essence) that those of us who know that we passed that those notices were sent in error and to disregard them.

Do not get freaked out by the those e-mails as they are just trying to warn you that IF you do get something like that in the mail to simply ignore it.

Good luck to all and hope to see you all soon.

PS: Start gathering all of your paperwork now ... Do NOT procrastinate; the faster and easier you make things for the investigator, the faster you'll be in an upcoming class.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:44 AM

37 posts, read 57,855 times
The results are available on the civil service list. Google "NYC DCAS Exam Results" and click on the result with the word widget on it. My list number is 696 out of 949 people, so while I might not get called anytime soon, I have hope that something will eventually work out .

Old 03-14-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisholla View Post
The results are available on the civil service list. Google "NYC DCAS Exam Results" and click on the result with the word widget on it. My list number is 696 out of 949 people, so while I might not get called anytime soon, I have hope that something will eventually work out .
Do not fear that you won't be called for a while for ...

1. It is the city and that does entail them taking time to get to those of us who did not score 90 or above.

2. Also, wanted to say that I took the Police Communications Technician; after 6 months the list was created and shortly thereafter I was getting letters and calls to come in for the hiring pool ... I did not even score that high and a lot of people (~1,500) took the test and did way better than I did. My brother who also took a (different) DCAS exam also did not score all that well and is about to complete his probation this June.

I hope that my 2nd and 3rd point gave you a bit more hope, @melisholla; sometimes it is not where a person is placed on any particular list, it comes down to the hiring agency's need to fill vacancies.

Also, I have it on very good word that the NYPD is in dire need for PAAs, so we may be called in quicker than we are all thinking.

And once again, as stated earlier by @brownberries and myself ... we should all be focusing on gathering our documents, so that by the time we are called for investigations those investigation will be much quicker and smoother; and with that in mind ...

1. Make a list of places you have ever lived in.

2. Have a list of 5 to 6 people that will speak well of you and be sure to have their addresses/emails.

3. Be honest about any/all convictions that you may have on your record (sealed or not sealed).

4. Be open about all disciplinary actions taken against you at ANY of your previous jobs.

5. Be prepared with all gaps in terms of employment.

6. If you know of any family members that MAY have ANY conviction(s) on their records, be prepared with their names and addresses (if known) emails (if known).

7. List every school you have been to since the 9th grade, including trade school(s).

8. Be completely honest about any debt that you may have with ANY and ALL financial institution(s) -- with their respective amounts.

I hope that this information helps out anyone who was wanting to know what you will need for the impending investigation.

Last edited by mannyp1227; 03-14-2019 at 03:14 PM..

Old 03-16-2019, 03:39 PM

28 posts, read 48,851 times
Hey guys,

I randomly logged into the account that was given to me from the provisional hiring event in 2018. It shows "not hired".

Should I be concerned about this ?

Old 03-16-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersnow11 View Post
Hey guys,

I randomly logged into the account that was given to me from the provisional hiring event in 2018. It shows "not hired".

Should I be concerned about this ?
If you can, @summersnow11, message me the link that you were referring to.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:26 PM

28 posts, read 48,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp1227 View Post
If you can, @summersnow11, message me the link that you were referring to.

I don't think I can. Its a login for NYC jobs website. https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?keyword=

When we went to 1PP, some people received a link and had to fill out documents. I logged in with the user id provided to me during the mass hiring and checked on application status and it says "not hired"

Old 03-16-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersnow11 View Post
I don't think I can. Its a login for NYC jobs website. https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?keyword=

When we went to 1PP, some people received a link and had to fill out documents. I logged in with the user id provided to me during the mass hiring and checked on application status and it says "not hired"
I do believe that site is used for jobs outside the scope of the Civil Service.

I say that because usually jobs that require an exam are not usually posted on that site and is always posted on the DCAS website.

With that said: I do believe that you may be referring to another job with the city (that maybe very similar in title to PAA), but not the PAA job; there are administrative jobs that the city post on there that do not require examination (ie: where one must submit a resume and/or cover letter for), but those jobs are not under the jurisdiction of DCAS.

Also, and on a separate note, I wanted to state that the PD can terminate anyone for any reason, assuming that you have not completed your probationary period.

After that time has been completed, you can still be terminated, BUT with just cause and in writing and the person being terminated does have the right to trial (administrative trial, I believe).

PS: You still have hope, @summersnow11!

PPS: Good luck to you all on your venture into public service and I hope to see some of you in a class soon!

Last edited by mannyp1227; 03-16-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City